1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trip to Southeast Asia

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by cubuffkid06, Oct 8, 2008.

1. cubuffkid06

cubuffkid06 New Member

Hey,
    I wanted to write this to let the community know about a trip that God has placed in my life recently. This coming winter, from December 26th-January 3rd, 2009, myself and a team from Central Baptist Church will headed to Southeast Asia on a mission trip. Our primary purpose during this trip is to evangelize and spread the Word to the people of that region. We will do this mainly by teaching in the local universities about English and American culture while also building relationships with the people that we come in contact with on a daily basis. This is also exciting because we will be able to take advantage of the Christmas holiday season by putting on dramas and explaining how this time of year is a celebration of the birth of Christ Jesus. Lastly, this trip will be an amazing time to learn about the people of Southeast Asia and their culture. As you can imagine this is no small undertaking for a college student. I am asking everyone that I can to help support me on this trip. I could use prayer that God would bless our team as well as keeping us safe overseas. In addition, I am asking everyone that I possibly can for financial support. I need to raise another $1,400 by October 16th, 2008 and I am asking that you would prayerfully consider giving a tax deductible donation that would encourage me greatly. If you feel called to give, you can contact me through e-mail for specific details. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and consider my cause.

Alexander Ralys
    [email protected]
    :godisgood:

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May God provide all of your needs for the trip, use you in Asia, and give you a greater burden for the cause of world missions! Asia is waiting.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will look forward to more reports on the plan and direction - It has always been a dream of mine to do just what you get the privilege of doing.