1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Troop surge working

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Here is news that you wont find in the Washington Post:

A sea change is beginning to occur in Iraq: for the first time since the insurgency took off, the terrorists are starting to run.

This is occurring not because the United States has successfully promoted political dialogue among Iraq’s torn communities, although a successful dialogue is certainly to be desired.

It is occurring not because the United States has given in to the recommendations of the Baker-Hamilton commission and others, who have suggested a policy of unilateral capitulation to the terror-masters pulling the strings of the insurgency in Damascus and Tehran.

Nor is it occurring because we have suddenly become better at winning “hearts and minds” in Iraq, although such an effort, as described by Lt. Gen. David Petraeus, would appear to be sound counter-insurgent policy.

The terrorists are on the run for one reason only: they fear the United States.

“In Tehran, they are now referring to the United States as mar-rouye domesh vastadeh – the Cobra standing on his tail,” says Shahriar Ahy, an Iranian-born political analyst who helped build the post-war broadcasting network in Iraq.

The sea-change began on January 10, when President George W. Bush announced that the United States would no longer tolerate Iranian and Syrian intelligence officers using Iraq as a playground for their murderous games.

When he announced the troop surge in Iraq, Bush also put Iran and Syria on notice. “Iran is providing material support for attacks on American troops,” he said. “We will disrupt the attacks on our forces. We'll interrupt the flow of support from Iran and Syria. And we will seek out and destroy the networks providing advanced weaponry and training to our enemies in Iraq.”

Rest of article:
    http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=26865

The Democrats and their allies in the media cant afford to have the American people know the truth.

#1 Ps104_33, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The democrats are to busy campaigning to a foreign power that we (America) will destabilize Iran and Syria for them with our blood and treasure. Bush and co got the ball rolling in Iraq (phase one) now it'll be up to the democrats to carry on where they left off. That's the true truth.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Let's pray that they finally got it right. I suspect that in a month or so, we'll hear that what we need is another surge, and another 20 billion dollars, and that will work.

I agree that Iran is stirring the pot; after all, Bush's buddy Chalabi, turned out to be working for Iranian intelligence. We need to step on those guys when we can. However, it's naive in the extreme to think that Iran is running the show, or driving the civil war. They are merely taking advantage of Bush's foolishness. If Iran stopped interfering tomorrow, little would change, I think.

But if I'm wrong, I'll be happy as can be. The argument is that the Iranians are now completely cowed, and that will tip the balance. March 11, let's see how much better it is.

#3 The Galatian, Feb 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

For once . . . mark it on your calendar . . . there is some sence to your madness.

The liberal media has been talking about a need to 'invade' iran to stop the nuclear threat for over a month now.

Like we really need to take on any new terrorist empires right now.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I pray to the Father of all, that for His Glory and the Glory of His Son, that He will intervene and protect our troops.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Amen to that.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Amen and thanks for bringing to everyones attention that God should be our source of strength in this battle.
    God bless our troops each and every one and please bring them home soon to their loving families.

8. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I guess that's why our casualties, as well as those among the Iraqi security forces, have increased so much in the last few weeks. The troop surge is working. If you believe that, I have a bridge in the Bay area that I'd like to sell you, along with some nice ocean front property in Arizona.

9. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Powell/General Shinseki plan would have been better....

This imho is what the surge will do once like backing all the water out and are their for a short term in numbers ...they just wait you out and make surgical pot shots at you once you leave it is like the power of water. Bush may yet destroy another carreer of a good man (Powell/General Shinseki ) now Patreaus. Isn't it obvious we needed the Powell doctrine this is bushs attempt to prolong the war so he can bug out from office and blame someone else...his past invades the present again. imho

[​IMG]

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that article maybe a bit too optimistic. For our troops sake I really pray this increase works, I would pleased as punch to see it work. However that will not change my view of Bush.

11. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It would change my view of Bush a bit. At least one could give him credit for finally getting the job done, albeit with huge losses in money and lives.

I'm still skeptical, but we'll see how things look on 3/11.