1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

troubling events last week

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by dfi, Jan 20, 2006.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know where you got this stuff on this thread, but you certainly didn't get it from me. I was born a Baptist (in a Baptist hospital ;) ) and I'll die a Baptist, and I am a Fundamentalist and a separationist.

Just because one believes that a non-Baptist might have something good to say to Baptists doesn't mean he agrees with ANY of your points, 1, 2 or 3.

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps they do not feel the need to justify themselves to you or anybody else that is not a member there. Do you believe in the autonomy of the local church? Or must they give in to your demands?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If someone who was not a member of my church contacted because because they did not like my speaker I doubt that I would respond either.

4. dfi

dfi New Member

C4K, under normal circumstances, you are corect
    Nor would I respond but as I may or may not have posted when you solict money for buildings and student for your college from churches all over the country then you require those students to attend all the services I believe that brings with it some accountablity.

Anyway it seems that I am in the minority on that opinion, I am not ready to say that I am wrong becasue I am not sure that I am but I am ready to let this thing die the death

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I can see that interest and if I were a parent with a child there I might have a problem with it.

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The way I look at this question is to ask myself whether that other person's beliefs say that (as far as I can tell) he's saved. If so I will join with them.

Who are we to reject those whom Christ accepts?

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the United States were attacked, physically, by an identifiable, uniform and all, enemy, wouldn't you stand up and fight against the enemy alongside with Catholic Americans ?
    I know I would.

8. Baptist Bob.1

Baptist Bob.1 New Member

9. Baptist Bob.1

Baptist Bob.1 New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]the point would be should a BAPTIST GIVE HIS MINISTRY AS A PLATFORM FOR NON-BAPTISTS? Whu is it that the invitations rarely go the other way? Show me the last time an independent fundamental baptist was the key note speaker at a free-presbyterian forum. Probably going to be a while to hear about that one. Baptists believe in baptism by immersion. here's a free presbyterian quote from their statement of faith Westminster confession Section XXVIII partIII. "Dipping of the person into the water is not necessary; but Baptism is rightly administered by pouring or sprinkling water upon the person."
    so if you are a Baptist pastor and you invite a free presbyterian to join your ministry in membership or platform, your at best incompetant and at worst unfit for leadership. Let's keep Free Presbyterians in sprinkling churches.And own up to your mistakes when you commit a blunder like this!

10. William Wallace

William Wallace New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Why should it be troubling? Unless you are "earnestly trying to contend for the faith"?