1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"True Bluegrass Gospel" Compilation

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by KenH, Apr 17, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Now, “True Bluegrass Gospel” presents twenty classic favorites from the likes of Ralph Stanley, Rhonda Vincent, Country Gentlemen, Seldom Scene, Paul Williams, Blue Highway, Larry Sparks, Phoenix, Forbes Family, Jim Eanes, Marshall Family, and others.

Many bluegrass bands excel in their presentation of stirring and inspirational gospel songs. Ralph Stanley always felt that he could put more into the gospel, and he hoped it would make a difference to others. Stanley once commented that he felt that he was doing both himself, and his audiences, some good with gospel messages. I look for happy, uplifting songs on a gospel compilation, and I like to hear an emotional attachment and indication that the bands believe what they were singing. “True Bluegrass Gospel” will not disappoint. The bands sing and play to touch, encourage and motivate us. For decades, these artists have been working on a building for the Lord. With many excellent artists to select from, producers Dave and Mark Freeman chose a nice overview of both “true” and truly heart-warming songs that celebrate the spirit of God. “True Bluegrass Gospel” is a splendid set of spiritual Christian guidance sung reverently with delicate and refined bluegrass accompaniment."

- more at http://cdinsight.com/news.php?readmore=587

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Thanks...looks like a good one for one such as myself to pick up. I don't own any Bluegrass, but like how it sounds. This looks like a good starter CD :).