1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured True ifb

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by desertjim, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

Folks

would do well to understand the vast array of differences held by those who get placed under the IFB rubric. It is very likely that both DJ and I would walk across the street to avoid each other under normal circumstances. If the State comes looking for either of us, normal doesn't apply.

#21 robt.k.fall, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really practice completely what you assert and completely separate from all association or connection with any false teachers?

Do you completely separate from the textual criticism work of a Roman Catholic Erasmus?

Do you completely separate from the textual criticism decisions and translations decisions of a group of Church of England scholars in 1611 who accepted the Church of England's doctrine of baptismal regeneration? Do you separate from the translation decisions of a Roman Catholic Jesuit Gregory Martin, some of his renderings in his 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament were borrowed and followed in the 1611 KJV? Can a KJV-only view be found stated in the New Testament?

Is everything that you post and teach stated in the Scriptures?

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am one.

Most IFB churches don't represent each other! How can they represent most IFBers?

My point being, that I have been around a number of IFB churches that don't represent what a true IFB church should represent. The preaching and teaching is so man centered and so full of "I" and "We" that God is left completely out.

I have been in IFB churches that the current leadership never even read what the founding statements of faith said. When they were discovered, dusted off, and read, there was so much discussion and disagreement that in one church a split resulted.

Why are you here?

Let's see just how "cut and dried?" Look at these three issues that divided the IFB folks during the 70's till now.

Do you believe in secondary separation?
    Do you believe in mixed race dating and marriage?
    Do you believe that the KJV is the only God Authorized Bible?

Really?

So:
    you would never eat at McDonald's - fellowship with the world.
    you would never read Dr. Seuss books to children - false teacher.

An old man.

Why don't you take a list of the "fundamental" beliefs and post the one in which you don't think a poster in this forum would agree.

Here is a list from the Seventh Day Adventists:
    1. That God is the Sovereign Creator, upholder, and ruler of the universe, and that He is eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
    2. That the Godhead, the Trinity, comprises God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
    3. That the Scriptures are the inspired revelation of God to men; and that the Bible is the sole rule of faith and practice.
    4. That Jesus Christ is very God, and that He has existed with the Father from all eternity.
    5. That the Holy Spirit is a personal being, sharing the attributes of deity with the Father and the Son.
    6. That Christ, the Word of God, became incarnate through the miraculous conception and the virgin birth; and that He lived an absolutely sinless life here on earth.
    7. That the vicarious, atoning death of Jesus Christ, once for all, is all-sufficient for the redemption of a lost race.
    8. That Jesus Christ arose literally and bodily from the grave.
    9. That He ascended literally and bodily into heaven.
    10. That He now serves as our advocate in priestly ministry and mediation before the Father.
    11. That He will return in a premillennial, personal, imminent second advent.
    12. That man was created sinless, but by his subsequent fall entered a state of alienation and depravity.
    13. That salvation through Christ is by grace alone, through faith in His blood.
    14. That entrance upon the new life in Christ is by regeneration, or the new birth.
    15. That man is justified by faith.
    16. That man is sanctified by the indwelling Christ through the Holy Spirit.
    17. That man will be glorified at the resurrection or translation of the saints, when the Lord returns.
    18. That there will be a judgment of all men.
    19. That the gospel is to be preached as a witness to all the world.
    Now, I posted THAT list to not to engage in SDA debate, but to show your view is NOT peculiar to the IFB.

Rather it is peculiar to a certain grouping of folks within the IFB that consider their view as the only right and acceptable view. (SDA's came from Baptists who considered their view as the only right and acceptable view - same with Church of Christ, folks)

Perspective is in the eye of the beholder - but not everyone stands in the same position on the height of the rock and look in the same direction and at the same corner of the world.

4. SpurgeonISinAfrica

SpurgeonISinAfrica New Member

Fundamentalists go by their predjudices, not the bible

That's why fundamentalists are against interacial marriage. Everything about fundamentalists is about their personal likes & dislikes. Reformed Baptist tend to be people who try to think like scripture. IFB has been very cultic & abusive towards women.

5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know that I'd call them a cult. I've never seen anything that would make them actually a cult. Some specific IFB churches that are cults may exist for all I know, but I don't think I'd lump them all in that category. I know my old church never tried to control it's members or anything like that. They were legalistic (IMO), but not tyrants. Members were allowed to have their own lives, and they weren't punished for having different opinions.

But yeah, the interracial marriage thing I never got.
    You do tend to get into the whole mistake of taking strongly held opinions as some cardinal Christian command or something...but then, so do other denominations and sub denominations.
    For example, how social conservatism is practically a Christian (not just IFB or even baptist) cliche--especially here in the Bible belt. If I had a nickel for every time I heard a preacher or a speaker endorse (or condemn) a particular candidate or political position--!

#25 evenifigoalone, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the purpose of thread?

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith: