1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

True Persecution for one's faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jun 27, 2010.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is TRUE persecution for their faiths, not their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

And even if I don't subscribe to the kind of gospel they may preach, teach, or hold to, I believe many of these people in these countries are true brethren in Christ by virtue of HIS sacrifice for them, and therefore I sympathize with what they are going through.

The Dearborn crew doesn't know what it is to be really persecuted, they live in a country where touching their camera is assault, and where they can picture police in a negative light.

Hindu Extremist Militants Attack Christian Pastor

Persecution of Christians. Indonisia

Christians Are Persecuted, Martyred, and Killed Worldwide

Sarah's Trail of Blood (Voice of the Martyrs)

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you do not get it. If we ever get to the point in this country that others do elsewhere it will be because of folks with your attitude. Our constitutionally guaranteed rights are their to protect our God and and constitutionally given right to "Faith". People like you want to ignore the founding of this country. Very sad

#2 Revmitchell, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

The devil's tactics are subtle and deception creeps in "unaware". That is what is happening in this country now and began many years ago. It is naive to think that if it continues, things will not end up like the severe persecutions in other countries.

Christians are commanded to "contend for the faith once delivered" in order to prevent this creeping in of false teachers. But most Christians of today are silent and do not stand boldly for Christ.

#3 Amy.G, Jun 27, 2010
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No, Rev.
    You don't get it.
    Those guys you're rooting for ?
    They set themselves up for that "persecution".
    They've been there the previous year, got into trouble, been marked as troublemakers, and then came back this year, already marked as troublemakers by the Muslims and by the police.

They were not there to preach the gospel for the sake of Muslims they think were lost.
    They were not there to "contend for the faith".

They went there to assert their rights and to protest the Islamization of Dearborn, and what gets my goat is they are hiding behind the facade of preaching the gospel.

You talk big about me being naive and all and not caring about what's happening to this country, well, of course I do, but I don't like talking all too much.

I mean, if those guys you're rooting for really want to stop Muslims and other faiths from encroaching on their unconstitutional rights then we gotta begin somewhere, but we gotta be totally honest about the intent.

They were not honest, and they are playing people.
    They acted more like agents provocateurs.
    You know what that is ?

Ever had experiences with those kinds ?
    I have.
    I have marched down the streets of my birth city in my birth country against the dictatorship that actually ravaged and raped my country. We held peaceful marches, with instructions from organizers that if we were ever turned away by police, we were to turn away.
    But certain elements in our ranks wanted to assert our God given, constitutional rights to assemble peacefully and so confronted the police which resulted in bashed heads, broken limbs, and dead bodies.
    That's what agents provocateurs do.

If these guys were truly Christians, what in Heaven's name forbids them from "turning the other cheek", just try to live peaceably, leave everything in the hands of the Lord they profess to serve, and just walk away and preach another day when the situation is less confrontational ?

Which is more Christian, if they were truly concerned about making Christ known to unbelievers ?
    Walk away and humble one's self ?
    Or stay and come back and make sure that the trampling of their God-given rights were caught on tape ?

#4 pinoybaptist, Jun 27, 2010