1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truly Sorry.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John R, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John R

John R New Member

In reference to a post I made about not wanting to be called a Babtist.
    I follow this board because I see it as a way to fellowship with fellow believers. Yes we do not have Babtist in the name of our Church but our believes are very much the same. My point I tried to make was that there are some who post here that are wrong in their theology (Did Jesus sin because he drank wine?) What was that all about? I.m sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way. It was meant to be(not a very good) kind of a little humor.

And as for me posting to a Babtist only site, I'll talk this over with you when we get to Heaven. I'll be the little guy down by the River of Life who sticks my finger in to produce a ripple and proclaims"THE RIVER STILL FLOWS"

1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

(Regular Babtist)

#1 John R, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh my...someone apologized! [​IMG]

That is such a rare thing these days. It's usually pride that prevails.

Apology accepted with love for a brother! Thank you. :wavey:

:1_grouphug:

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright, now that's out of the way, brother, what is the RBA ?

4. John R

John R New Member

Regular Babtist?

I think thats it.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I read your previous post and following comments.
    For some reason, I took it as tongue in check way of saying, 'what's in a name....any name if not Jesus Christ?' Therefore if one chooses not to be identified by any other name, by what reason have I to be offended?

As you said, brother, the 'BB' is a good forum for Christians to meet and discuss questions and concerns, perhaps with more candor than in the community at large. However, the spirit behind some discussions here, may be as influential and serious in unknown ways, as the discussions which we take openly to our fellowship of believers with whom we assemble and worship.

(I think what threw some off was the 'why Baptist only forum' if one wishes not to identify as Baptist, and even protest the possibility of such identification. And I don't know if any understood....What does RBA stand for?)

I understand the upset that some things might even come up as issues for discussion; i.e. how can one even imagine Jesus sinning? The truth is the heart is desperate wicked, and so are the natural thoughts and imaginations; most especially in the unregenerate: But even the regenerate must chose as to what thoughts and questions are entertained and studied.

While it may seem that some are led by strange imaginings, for most of us exposed to our culture and the questions raised in our world, should not be so surprised that discussion may be brought to forum attention as a way of refining our faith and seeking counsel to give answers to others, which did not necessarily originate in our own imagination. A question which may seem disrespectful to some, may be a question of great confusion to another and be a hinderance to their faith if there is no one to listen and give wisdom of counsel/instruction. As unfitting as some discussion may seem to be coming from Christians, not everyone has the boldness to raise the questions which may trouble them.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

But John, pinoy's question (and that of some of the rest of us) is

What does RBA stand for? We couldn't find it? We hadn't heard of it.

AND thanks for the explanation. There are lots of reasons to ask questions. Maybe some of us missed the tongue in cheek because we don't know you any better -- and there is a great way to remedy that! Post more ;)

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't follow the discussion you are talking about, but.... If you wish to be taken seriously by Baptists, try "Baptist" instead of "Babtist."

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I think the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches is what is being referred to. That group is quite numerous in Iowa, where he is.

#8 Jerome, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BY his own admission and desire, John is NOT a Baptist and is not allowed to post in Baptist-only areas (LIKE THIS). If violation of a simple rule continues, posting privileges will be suspended. :(

Subject closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.