1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump has nothing on bwhen it comes to dumb Statements

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/483...wned&utm_campaign=politics&utm_term=ijamerica

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "If you like your insurance plan you can keep it."

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.” — Barack Obama

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “…I’ve got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.” —Barack Obama

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you thing Trump brags about himself check this out:

“It’s very rare that I come to an event where I’m like the fifth- or sixth-most interesting person.” — Barack Obama

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.” — Barack Obama

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” — Barack Obama, on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling conventions. We weren’t indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.

But this strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” — Barack Obama

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Obama says some dumb stuff. But he's not running for President representing the party I almost always vote for. That's why Trump's statements are so galling.

• Like Like x 1
  12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Revmitchell, do you contend that Trump's faults are OK because Obama has the same faults?

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump trumps Obama in the Dumb Statement Department.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    * don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Obama was first and what you said then was that his personality flaws were a result of racism.: "you can't tolerate the idea of a black man as president!", as if all he had to have was lighter skin then they'd be all over him. Now the shoe is on the other foot, if you can't vote for Trump then go for Hillary or do the troll thing and write in a name and never tell anybody the name.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you responding to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So the argument is that it is acceptable for Trump to say stupid things because the president says stupid things?

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On October 26, 2009 and twice on Feb. 5, 2010 Obama said corpse-man. And yet, it's claimed that only George Bush makes mistakes like that.

18. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the kind of childish logic that I expect from Rev. Mitch. And he would be the first to tell you that it's dumb to keep going after Bush. Kind of funny.

Obama has said some really dumb things. Okay. And we don't like that right? So why would it have anything to do with Trump?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no there is a double standard though.

20. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's not a double standard it's a still a pretty funny thread. It's like it bothers you so much that someone doesn't like Trump so you run over here and post rapid fire links to stuff from the past like it's some kind of contest. It's hilarious how insecure you can be with regards to your political party. It's like every incident can only be countered with an example of the liberal side doing things.