1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump has nothing on bwhen it comes to dumb Statements

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that if Trump is elected, he will prove to be the Republicans' (as roundly inept) version of Obama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. Trump has said more stupid things in six months than Obama has said in eight years. Trump's vocabulary and speech is at a sixth grade level; Obama is at a high school level.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh yes there is. Obama gets ignored or just flat out given a pass. Trump is no worse than Obama in the stupid comment area.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, how so?

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this Internet age of 24/7 news coverage and political blogging Obama, as President, does not get a pass. There simply isn't that much gaffe material from Obama. How can the right wing ridicule Obama for being addicted to the teleprompter and then turn around and say he makes numerous verbal mistakes?

Trump says something stupid on a weekly basis. Worse, after his error had been pointed out to him he keeps on repeating it. He's on his second week of campaign speeches claiming he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your double standard is very alive and well and very easy to see. It is easy to understand why you hold such a standard.

Trump is reviled around the world as a stupid, arrogant American. Not so with Obama. If you do not believe me travel a bit in Europe and see how the two are compared.

In fact, you do not need to travel. Just read what they say and write about the man.

What the world thinks about our infatuation with Donald Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...inks-about-our-infatuation-with-donald-trump/

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh, if you are not an extreme leftist like Obama he wants nothing to do with you:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-and-world-leaders-2015-3

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question begging

We have already covered this and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not question begging. Conservatives HAVE complained about Obama constantly using a teleprompter and conservatives HAVE complained he makes numerous verbal gaffes. How is it possible to make many, many verbal gaffes when using prepared statements?

This is an example of question begging:
    Which of Trump's personality traits that others find so offensive do you like?

It's been covered all right but a Presidential candidate repeatedly and deliberately lying about something is not a mole hill.

If Trump has personally seen "with his own eyes" thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11, and we know that is false, why should we believe him when he says:

1. I'm going to build a wall on the border and make Mexico pay for it.
    2. I'm going to beat the Chinese in trade.
    3. I'm going to bring thousands and thousands of jobs back to America.
    4. I'm going to make our military so incredibly strong, no one will mess with us.
    5. I'm going to cut the head off of ISIS and defeat them.

etc. etc.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One does not automatically lead to the other. Anyway, what does that mean complain? Are you saying conservatives do not like him using a teleprompter? I think you characterization is flawed at best. Further, he does not use a teleprompter every single time he speaks. Not sure why I have to explain this.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know it to be an exaggeration at worst. It is not false as there were people in NJ celebrating at 911. Also. there were thousands of Muslims around the world celebrating. Conflating what happened around the world with what happened in NJ is not false.

Further, An exaggeration on this issue does not mean he will not do as he says he will do. There is no reason to believe that.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to you YouTube video there were 8 people celebrating. Eight. That's a far cry from Trump being an eyewitness to thousands of Muslims celebrating.

And yes, it is a false comparison to say that Muslims in Afghanistan or Jordan celebrating 9/11 is the same thing as Muslims in the USA celebrating.

No reason? None? Just because he lies about this one thing is no reason to doubt his word on another. I wonder, do you apply the same standard to Obama?

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no. In fact when he said our wealth should be redistributed I believed him without doubt. I could go on but you get the picture.

I think we have said all there is on this. You want to paint Trump in the worst possible light even to the point of taking his statements farther than they need to go. That's your choice. He s definitively a concern but your picture goes too far.

14. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I can say that, too. Usually I'm about the 100th most interesting, or 1,000th.

#34 OnlyaSinner, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Replace Trump with Obama and I could send this post right back at ya.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no they are not equal. Obama is by far the biggest liar this country has ever had as a President. He has an ideology that in contrary to the founding principles of this country and he has had to hide
    his agenda to get it done. Trump may be a lot of things but he is straight forward and is a true American.

#36 Revmitchell, Dec 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, you do not know your American history. However you were captured by the culture you grew up in. You need to break free of that culture.

#37 Crabtownboy, Dec 2, 2015
  18. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why expect anything different since both parties are an image of each other. I will agree though that Trump and Jeb and the Republicans worst night mares.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean that you think Trump and Jeb are the stuff of the Republican Establishment's worst nightmare.

Jeb is certainly of the Republican establishment. Trump is certainly not.

20. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, Trump will use the party for as long as it suits his needs.