1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Organization CFO Granted Immunity by Prosecutors in Cohen Investigation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Aug 24, 2018.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump Organization CFO Granted Immunity by Prosecutors in Cohen Investigation

The decision by prosecutors in the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office to grant immunity to Mr. Weisselberg escalates the pressure on Mr. Trump, whom Mr. Weisselberg has served for decades as executive vice president and chief financial officer of the Trump Organization. After Mr. Trump was elected, he handed control of his financial assets and business interests to his two adult sons and Mr. Weisselberg.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder how the President can be tied into something where he signed off rights to handling on?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is an investigation looking for a crime.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No crimes, so should be shut down!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he's always been involved in his businesses. He's held U.S. official meetings with foreign dignitaries at his own hotels. But we don't really know the extent to which he's done this. Why does he refuse to release his tax information like every other post-war president? Don't give me his "I'm under audit" excuse. The IRS says that's not a [problem.

6. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you know Follow, I am not a Trump fan anymore than I am a Hillary fan, but no rightful intelligent person of means should volunteer that information. It is like if the police come knocking at my front door and ask me if they could search my house. Now even if I lead the cleanest known lifestyle next to Jesus, I should know that only bad could come from such a search. Perhaps one of my kids invited a friend over and that friend had a cell phone slip out of his pocket into the couch in the livingroom. That kid could of just found the phone by the side of the road, but if it has bad pictures on it, it would make me suspect of being something I am not.

Even Obama understood this, he didn't release his college records for a reason. Yes he caught some flack from it, but it was baseless because Obama knew that perhaps only bad could come from being too forthwith with his privacy. It in my opinion was a wise thing for Obama not to release his university records, only bad could of came from it. Someone somewhere would of found something (if he made straight As, someone would of said he had professors cheating for him)...

Liberals know this, I know this, you know this, it is not in your best interest to be forthcoming in everything.

Edit: Bible Verse

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.

#6 LowOiL, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has been common practice for all recent presidents even Nixon when he also was under audit. In addition, Trump never did release a valid statement from a doctor about his health. The one his "doctor" released was dictated to him by TYrump and sounded like it. These aren't illegal actions just ones that raise concerns about what he's trying to hide.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I was the president, i would give NOTHING to anyone in these investigations, as its all just a witch hunt! Hillary gets off scot free for known felonies, and Trump gets all of this junk done on him for no reason, other than the truth that so many dems and fake news are bib babies, refusing to accept that he won!

• Agree Agree x 1