1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Slams Scott Walker in Iowa

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Trump Slams Scott Walker in Iowa

During an appearance in Iowa Saturday, real estate mogul Donald Trump turned his attention to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a chief rival for the Republican presidential nomination and the current front-runner in the state that holds the nation's first presidential nominating event.

"Wisconsin is doing terribly," Trump said. The tycoon, who is leading the Republican pack of 16 in several national polls, said Wisconsin had seen budget deficits and high borrowing which led to poor infrastructure under Walker. "The hospitals and education is a disaster."

Trump also pointed out that Walker, who has repeatedly visited neighboring Iowa and was the first choice of 22 percent of likely Republican caucus-goers there in a recent poll, had supported the Common Core education standards that much of the GOP base now derides. Trump received support from 13 percent of people in the poll, putting him in second place.

"He was totally in favor of Common Core," Trump said this weekend. "Scott Walker changed when he saw he was getting creamed."

And unlike either Walker, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush or Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, Trump said he doesn't owe anyone. He'll be paying for everything with his own money.

“Bush is controlled by those people. Walker is controlled by those people. Hillary Clinton is controlled by those people. Trump has none of those people,” he said Saturday afternoon. “I’m not controlled. I do what’s right for the people.”
    Editor's Note: Do You Support Trump for President? Vote Here Now.

The attacks on Walker, which focused on the record of a strong rival, contrasted with Trump's personal attacks on a past candidate and a low-polling candidate, respectively, in the past week. He told an Iowa audience on July 18 that Arizona Senator John McCain, a former prisoner of war who was the Republican presidential nominee in 2008 and who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, was a war hero only because he had been captured. On July 21, he gave out the personal phone number of South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, who attacked Trump over the McCain comments and statements on immigration, but who hardly registers in polls.

Trump said that he had been holding back on Walker, whom he called "a nice guy," until he read that an ally of the governor had insulted the businessman. A Walker fundraiser had called Trump "DumbDumb" in an event invitation, according to the Wall Street Journal.

"I say, 'Oh finally I can attack,'" Trump said in relating the story Saturday at the "Make America Great Again" rally and picnic in Oskaloosa. "I would have never done this. I didn’t know. Because I hear the only one beating me in Iowa is Scott Walker, and not by that much."

He then had a request for the audience: "Will you please put me in first place so I feel better?"

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-scott-walker-iowa/2015/07/25/id/658914/#ixzz3h7h40Vhv

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-scott-walker-iowa/2015/07/25/id/658914/#ixzz3h7gyhcx1
    Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    typical New Yourka :laugh:

3. targus

targus New Member

What's your point?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever worked in NY?

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Things are actually better here since Walker's reforms.

Referring to Trump as "DumbDumb" seems appropriate in this case.

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is a new thread started every time one of the 20 or so knuckleheads running for president says something snarky about one of the others this place will be over run in no time.:tongue3:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should have called him tribble head.:tongue3:

And if he is proud his daughter married one of those NJ realestate goniffs and converted then he is a numb numb and a dumb dumb.