1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump with a pretty strange night in Iowa.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Use of Time, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...not-to-believe-ben-carson-dont-be-fools-okay/

The guy is starting to hang himself. He simply cannot handle being challenged. He loves to bully the others but he just comes off looking unstable and small here. From the over the line comments about Carson to the odd "stab challenge" it's interesting to see the looks on the faces from the Iowa crowd as they realize what they are witnessing.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read that article this morning. Quite amazing. If you watch the video about ISIS and oil he says:
    "I would bomb the s--- out of them," he said to raucous applause. "I would just bomb those suckers. And that's right: I'd blow up the pipes, I'd blow up the refineries. I would blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And then Exxon would move in there and rebuild it, it would be beautiful. And I'd ring it, and I'd take the oil. I've said I'd take the oil."

So here we have a presidential candidate saying he would bomb another country and take their oil.

Then he compares Carson to a child molester, just sickening.

Trump Mugs Lores.gif

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well, I never really had much hope for him, and just couldn't see folks REALLY selecting him as the GOP candidate with that mouth.

He talks like someone who has listened to angry conservative talk radio hosts, and is appealing to the same demographic as those guys. But what he doesn't seem to grasp is that those guys HAVE to be somewhat out there to keep their audiences enthralled.

You can't do that as a President or Presidential candidate because folks will think you're unhinged and apt to nuke someone if you became President.

He talks like a school yard bully all the time. And The President of the US has to be seen as a diplomat out front, but hard-nosed behind the scenes.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unstable and small. Pretty well explains his support base...

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IOWA SUPPORTERS UNFAZED BY TRUMP'S OUTBURST

But Dick Graves, a Trump supporter who attended the rally, said that while the candidate's comments were perhaps "a little rash," he wasn't offended.

"It's Donald. And he's an entertaining speaker. I didn't take it too seriously," he said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-13-17-35-19

Idiots. These same people will be those who complain the loudest when Trump, if elected, shows himself to be as inept as Obama or worse.

6. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is another world now, despite what the dinosaur MSM wants to think. They do not control the narrative anymore, and it looks like they are still trying to find the silver bullet to kill off Trump. Last week, it was Carson, and here they are trying to use them both to kill off each other - Carson is a liar, and I agree and so does Trump but Trump is a big mean bully!

So, if you really think Trump is a loose cannon and you're not going to vote for any GOP, seems that you'd wait until the general election for him to explode, when it's just too late.

Trump has to have some internal polling going on that shows Carson is a threat to him - probably outscoring him on "trustworthiness" and "stablility". from the remarks. But if you don't believe Carson, you shouldn't have a problem with Trump's remarks, unless . . .

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One's a narcissist. The other a sociopath. Not much of a choice.

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Say, isn't there a Democrat debate tonight? I'm sure you'll be here calling them names too, right?

Hey, you wanna see a real narcissist and sociopath all in one?:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not necessarily disagreeing, but remember, in the west politicians lie to the people and make deals behind closed doors.

In the middle east the rulers tell the truth to the people, and lie when they're out of the spotlight.

10. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Barack Obeyme and Hillary Clinton? Yes. One is a narcissist, the other a sociopath.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The story is about Trump and Carson.Thumbsup

12. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My bad, Z. See, when you said "narcissist" and "sociopath", BO and HC immediately came to mind.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I can understand that. I think that a lot when anybody mentions any politician on a national level

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's always been just a matter of time.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not as much as you might think. Trump figured out something early on and he's stayed on message. Regardless how many times he looks bad, he is onto what is going to decide this nomination. Immigration. People are angry about it and he's tapping into it. The only other candidate even close to being on the right page is Cruz. Rubio is avoiding it like the plague. He's on record for being in favor of everything the voters are against. Same for Jeb.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now watch him try to use the fear of what happened in Paris to try and win points for his immigration hard-nose stance. Amazing how the non-politician candidates magically start acting like the seasoned politicians when they think it will give them a boost.

"Don't waste a tragedy".

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Learning from the left's anti gun stratedgy. They are also using this to push that agenda...again.

It made it a lock when it was discovered one of the terrorists was a Syrian "refugee".

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They all keep doing and saying the same old stuff, yet all come around to trying to make us think how different they are from the same old other folks.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May be. If it's that small, how do you explain 42% poll numbers?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any republican that ignores the importance of immigration in this race does so at their own peril.