1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trust in Jesus

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Feb 16, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Psalm 84:12
    O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

Psalm 91:2
    I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Psalm 118:8
    It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight. [Or will direct your paths ]

Proverbs 29:25
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

Isaiah 12:2
    Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

Isaiah 25:9
    In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

Isaiah 26:4
    Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

Jeremiah 17:5
    This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

Jeremiah 17:7
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

Jeremiah 39:18
    I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the LORD.' "

Nahum 1:7
    The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Psalm 22:5
    They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:2
    She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God.

Hebrews 7:18The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

2. AAA

AAA New Member

As christains we do by the Garce of GOD!

:godisgood:

3. psalms109:31

Grace of God

Jesus is the grace of God, if you turn away from Jesus, you turn away from the grace of God.

No matter what men may see keep your focus, hope, faith and everything in Jesus and you will not be disappointed.

Jesus is the firm foundation anything else you will sink

4. AAA

AAA New Member

Do you believe that we can lose our salvation?

The bible says: No one can pluck us from the Father's hand....John 10:28-29...

We are savd by grace. Eph. 2:8-9....

:godisgood:

5. psalms109:31

Pluck us out

1 John 2:19
    They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

No one can pluck us out of the hands of Jesus, but you can walk away.

If your brother, sister, mother, father walk away from Jesus as the young rich ruler did they will perish.

We must endure to the end to be saved.

God has chosen before even the foundation of the world those who are in Jesus Christ.

I cannot deny all the other scripture but must agree with all of them..

I cannot accept last sentence of this scripture and deny the first part of it.

2 Timothy 2:
    11Here is a trustworthy saying:
    If we died with him,
    we will also live with him;
    12if we endure,
    we will also reign with him.
    If we disown him,
    he will also disown us;
    13if we are faithless,
    he will remain faithful,
    for he cannot disown himself.

1 Timothy 2:1I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time. 7And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

#5 psalms109:31, Feb 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007