1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trust

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, May 11, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans1:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Considering that the subject of trust is on my mind this evening this might seem a strange verse to kick it off with but in my, perhaps, twisted mind, it isn't. And then this has become my life verse at this point in my life and without trust in the Word of, the person of and the Holy Spirit of God, it is impossible to surrender your life to the service of the LORD in a sacrificial manor.

Recently the hot button topic on several forums I frequent has been men's ideas of just what Hell really is. I have even used a recent article of mine, “No Literal Hell?” to stir up one of these hot discussions. On the five forums I have had posts that were reassuring that some still believe the Word of God over men's ideas but to the other end of the spectrum I have also been called totally unreasonable, in different words, for believing that a Loving God could even do such a thing. Along with the article, where able to, I posted a Poll Question to those that would answer, “Is the Bible the Word of God and for that reason is the Catching Away, a.k.a. the Rapture, a fact?” Because I was careful to frame the question and to only allow a yes or a no answer many refused to answer. Of those that have to this point there is a 10 to none average that believe. The others want to separate the issues so they can vote no on the Rapture. But to do that is to lie when one says the Bible is the Word of God if he/she does not believe the passages foretelling the Rapture, then all of the Bible is not the Word of God in their mind, no matter what they say.

And thus I have arrived at this article. In 2Tim. 3:16, I learned that all and yes, that really does mean all scripture is God breathed and worthy for teaching. Now, I have been called a fool more than once or standing, flat-footed, on the scriptures but I have remembered Rom. 12:1 and have trusted my God to lead me into Salvation and because He has, He also filled me with the Holy Spirit and from the Spirit of God I have 'trust.' I would that all grew to maturity in their faith but God is not a Cosmic Bully and He has required a few things from each of us. Why don you try Him? He is faithful, I promise!

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good germ for a sermon there, Bill.

All scripture is inspired (not all "inspiring" for sure) and God-breathed. And that includes the blessed hope of the Lord coming for His own.

If you're counting those who are looking for the upper-taker and not the under-taker, count me. 100% trust in the faithfulness of God.

3. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the first day of my conversion I have been in the group looking for the "upper taker" and have been praying for and trying to reach the "under taker's" group. So... I'll see you when we both are Home!

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite your claims to clarity, the poll you mentioned was not clear. If you had asked whether or not we believe the verses, I suspect that most if not all of us would have answered in the affirmative.

However, the term "rapture" is theologically loaded. Many inerrantists do not believe in a pre-trib understanding of the rapture, which is often what is implied by the term.

5. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The poll question was very carefully posited and you seem to be the only one uncomfortable with it's form. All the oter complaints have been to the lack of a third option.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can claim this all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

The reason it didn't work is because it is lumping together the idea of the rapture with inerrancy.

You did not clarify what you meant when you stated rapture. Do you mean pretrib?

7. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have anything to comment on in this string?