1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trusting in a Culturally Relevant Gospel

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are welcome. I will be glad to aid you in reading my posts. Let me know if I can serve you in way other way with regards to my posts.

2. lbaker

lbaker New Member

From 1st Cor. 9:

19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Sounds like Paul was kinda culturally relevant.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

He was more interested in reaching the lost than in preserving past customs.

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

The "more here" link let me know it was a quote.