1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TTouch Not the Lords Annoited" Does that Apply Today?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, May 23, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I have heard that used to defend so called modern day Apostles/prophets and their 'revelations?"

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you find out whom the “anointed” is and try context first and you will see that it has nothing to do with preachers or church leaders and you will find the answer to your own question. The "anointed" was the nation of Israel. God was commanding the enemies of Israel not to harm His people.

Psalm 105:6-15 (King James)

(6) O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen. (7) He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth. (8) He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. (9) Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; (10) And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant: (11) Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance: (12) When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it. (13) When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people; (14) He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; (15) Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

God was chastising foreign nations and warning them to leave His people alone. That's it. That's all.