1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Turn Your Back This Fourth of July

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fly an all-weather flag; it was a gift from a Dutch contingent in Kyrgyzstan that I helped out with some issues. It was flown in a Dutch F-16 over Afghanistan.

Won't turn my back on it, because it represents our initial fight for freedom from tyranny, as well as a personal bond and spirit of cooperation between an American and the Dutch; and to me, it still represents hope and freedom from tyranny.

Don't turn your back on it; take it back from those that hide behind it.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will be watching the 4th of July special on - of all places - that liberal PBS!

And I just may put on my US Army uniform - something that a certain poster on this thread has never worn.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You mean Arbo was never in the military? Is that right Arbo?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Some Americans Abandon July 4 Celebrations Over “Outrageous” Security Measures

Checkpoints, bag searches, snitch hotline, all personal items banned: Happy Independence Day!

Bostonians will face airport security-style measures if they wish to attend the city’s major annual July 4 event, with virtually all personal items being banned along with mandatory checkpoints, snitch hotlines and bag searches, begging the question – what “freedoms” are they supposed to be celebrating?

After 4PM, revelers attending the annual Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular at the Charles River Esplanade will be banned from bringing in any personal items whatsoever besides chairs, tarps, and blankets. Before that time mandatory bag searches at several checkpoints will take place and items including coolers with wheels, pre-mixed beverages, glass containers, any sharp objects and liquid containers over two liters will be confiscated.

Attendees will also be forced to pass through metal detectors.

“They will not be allowed to grill, and all blankets, tents, and other items must be carried in see-through bags. Boaters on the Charles will have to stay 100 feet from shore and 1,000 feet from the fireworks barge; docks between the Massachusetts Avenue and Longfellow bridges will be closed; and any vessel in the waters off the Esplanade will not be allowed to move after 7 p.m., including kayaks, dinghies, and other small craft,”reports the Boston Globe.

National Guard troops will also on patrol, giving the event a martial law feel, and authorities have also worked with the Department of Homeland Security to set up a dedicated snitch line where citizens can report “suspicious activity”. Fireworks sellers across the country have also been told tokeep an eye out for buyers who “raise suspicion” by making suspicious political comments.

CONTINUE . . .

Greetings from Boston Massachusetts the "cradle of liberty".

Have a Happy Independence Day, and enjoy the new surveillance state.

But wait there's more!

Ohio City Bans Fireworks, Drinks, Grills, and Enacts Mandatory Bag Searches for July 4th

The City of Lakewood Ohio will be celebrating July 4th with mandatory bag searches and a ban on all Fourth of July related fun — including fireworks, drinks, grills, pets, sports, and just about everything else.

CONTINUE . . .

Don't you feel safer already?

Cancel all 4th of July celebrations?

#24 poncho, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Found out last night the armed march on DC was canceled. It's just as well I guess I didn't think it was all that smart to begin with. I understand Kokesh's devotion to restoring the republic and all but poking a bear in the eye with a sharp stick probably isn't the best way to go about it.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll honor the flag today. The leaders of this nation let me and this country down, but the flag represents what this country was founded on.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Tom, I'm just happy you still got the right to honor the flag. Who knows how long it will be before the traitors in Washington and NYC stop wrapping themselves in it and show their true color. RED!

#27 poncho, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Good observations,

9. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    So am I! :thumbs:

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

July 4: Obama to exhume, posthumously hang Paul Revere for spying, treason

(Satire): President Obama announced at a White House press conference today that Paul Revere would be exhumed and posthumously hanged for spying, domestic terrorism, and treason on July 4th outside his home that still stands in Boston. Press conference excerpts:

President Obama: Mr. Revere spied on his own government and revealed national security secrets to domestic terrorists that killed 73 and wounded 174 government troops. These brave soldiers had lawful orders to enforce gun control. If it’s one thing we learned from American history, it’s that public acceptance of gun control prevents terrorist attacks on American soil.

Q: Didn’t the public have a right to keep arms for their own defense?

Obama
    : Of course. But did they need cannon and storehouses of gunpowder? Ordinary, law-abiding citizens do not need that kind of firepower. Soldiers were enforcing reasonable limits on weapons that could only be used for domestic terrorism.

Q: Paul Revere wasn’t the only person involved. Why focus on him for Independence Day?

Obama: Mr. Revere is the best known spy among the terrorists. Mr. Revere should be the first example of how America deals with spies who dangerously expose government officials. Americans need to reject voices that warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s at the root of all our problems. They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.

Q: What are your plans for other well-known domestic terrorists?

CONTINUE . . .

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #31 Salty, Jul 4, 2013
  12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry No Can Do

For me, turning my back on the 4th of July means I'm turning my back on:

• those patriots who died and suffered during the American Revolution.
    • those who died and suffered during the Quasi-War witrh France,
    • those who died and suffered during the War of 1812.
    • those who died and suffered during the Civil War.
    • those who died and suffered during WW2 and the Korean War.
    I am not about to break faith with those cited above. I could have added the Mexican American War, the Spanish American War, WW1, the Vietnam War and the Iraqi and Afgan actions. But I went with those conflicts which are beyond debate.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There's one thing I don't get Squire maybe you can explain it to me. How are we honoring all those brave souls who died and suffered fighting for our freedom by accepting every form of tyranny they died and suffered to free us from?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe the BBVR are right about me. I don't know why it is but for some strange reason I am unable to adapt to the Orwellian double think as easily as they have.

I've been told on numerous occasions that I am "off my meds" and in a certain sense this is true as I am not on any meds save for what I take to keep my blood pressure down and my heartbeat regular. When I was growing up kids didn't take Ritalin or anti depressants or anti anxiety drugs. It was unheard of in those days.

Do you think that might have something to do with my inability to double think now? Should I talk to my doctor about prescribing some type of SSRI drug? Should I do as Salty suggests and train my mind by watching patriotic propaganda films instead of educating myself on what our founders believed in so much they were willing to sacrifice everything including their lives to win our independence from a tyrannical monarch who our modern day leaders resemble more and more everyday?

Please help me out Squire I just want to fit in and be normal like everyone else here.

#33 poncho, Jul 4, 2013
  14. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Amen brother! :thumbs: I had my BBQ, flew my flag proudly and watched many of the celebrations and historic tv shows about the Founding on our country. This is a favorite holiday for me because I'm very patriotic.

The best way, imo, to protest one's dislike for the way our nation is going right now is to vote. And write write write write your elected representatives. I've written mine twice this month. Take part in the political process. If you don't, then don't be surprised when they do stupid things.

You can find your elected representatives and email em at : www.usa.gov

15. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    First off, i doubt you want to fit in and be normal. lol :laugh:

But I do think you make the same mistake that the guys who hated US troops during Viet Nam did. You mistake the soldier who answered the call of this nation and did his or her duty with who runs the gov't and their policies.

Even back in the 60's, I didn't like President Nixon. He was as dishonest and corrupt as the leaders of the country's he said he stood against. But I volunteered so I could have more choices in the Army instead of being drafted (my number was 38 and they were taking every breathing male through number 90 at the time). But I did my duty. I served the flag you suggested i turned my back on. The gov't and those who protested me had turned their backs on the flag already. I will not do that to those who serve the flag and our nation now.

Trust me, I hate what our gov't has become and is becoming. But turn my back on the flag. never.

16. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concur, could not have said it better. :thumbsup:

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No Tom I don't hate the indidual soldier. We were all raised to believe the US the good guy. I believe the people of the USA are basically good and we care enough about others that we want to defend them. When I joined the army I believed all that I had been taught in school and saw on the tv. Gung ho and all that. I didn't realize at that time I was part of something much different than what I was taught. We weren't the defnders of freedom at all. We were the denders of rich men's profit.

You and I swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution not defend the French empire or some dictator that sold out his own people for the sake of some oil company.

We have been involved in one unconstitution war after another since WWII. How can we honor our oath to defend the constitution and take part in wars that are violating that which we swore to defend?

And so far no one has answered my question. How are we honoring those who suffered and died to win our idependence and defend our liberties by accepting every form of tyranny they suffered and died to free us from?

Seems to me more like we're dishonoring them by accepting that which they fought to free us from. But that's just me I guess. Like I said I can't seem to get the hang of double think.

18. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen and amen

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My friend Danny was an individual soldier. He went to Iraq and helped overthrow the evil dictator that our own government helped put in power. He came back as did 200,000 other individual soldiers with unexplainable health problems. What was their reward? A few medals from a government that refused to even to admit they had a war related injury. And a nation that turned it's back on and to this day will not admit that those 200,000 injured "warfighters" are casualties of a needless war.

I honor them by remembering their sacrifice.

And what about the 22 Iraq war vets that take their own lives every single day because they are sick and can't live with what their government ordered them to do?

Tell me Tom how is grilling a hotdog or hanging a piece of cloth on a pole honoring all those individual soldiers that are still suffering and forgotten?

I volunteered my time to a veterans organization set up to help these individual soldiers with their medical and legal problems. At every turn the government threw up obstacles and excuses. I did my best to make tbeir plight known and I still talk to some of those that are left and still suffering.

I wonder what Salty did to honor these individual soldiers besides watching propaganda films while wearing his uniform?

No Tom I don't hate the individual soldier. But I'm not about to pretend flying some piece of cloth on a pole is honoring them.

#39 poncho, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  20. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho, many of us take much the same position as the Jacobites who when making the Loyal Toast made it to the King over the water.