1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured TV Star Turned Baptist Minister

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You obviously know your argument is foolish if you need to rely on personal jabs.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently :tonofbricks:

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Exhibit B.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Why, thank you for admitting that about yourself; I didn't expect it of you.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You apparently believe repeatedly insulting others is how a good Christian acts.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Oh really? That's what you were doing, and I responded appropriately.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I invite you to quote me where I personally insulted you. It did not happen.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Notice I said "insulting others".

The following quote of yours contains an insult to women (1st part), and an insult to me (2nd part):

"Mistreated and humiliated because they were told they were biblically unqualified, presumably; which is why you seek to change/reinterpret/add to Scripture in order to make it conform to your desire."

And I'll add, not only is this an insult, it is a blatant lie.

11. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Revmwc...

The excellent scriptural material that was posted, that you are probably are too scared to read, proves, forcefully, that you are dead wrong.

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So you see her not teaching youth, children and teens along with not teaching men. Scripture is quite clear she not to teach men 1 Timothy 2:12. Sorry I see her with many roles just not pastor or deacon.

13. Alive in Christ

No, I see any women who are good, qualified teachers of the scriptures, being fully able to teach ANYONE the truthes of Gods scriptures.

Kids, teens, women and men.

I, a man, have been blessed abundantly listening to the excllent teaching of women like Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and others.

There is abundant evidence in the scriptures to support women teaching men.

The "problem" here is not with the women teachers, and pastors.

The "problem" is clearly with the men.

14. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So when 1 Timothy 2:12 says a women is not to teach men how would she teach that scripture to be and the not to usurp the authority of a man how would she teach the truth there based on what the original language Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit wrote?

Here it is in several versions including the new living:

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

NIV
    12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
    13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
    14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

American standard
    12 But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.
    13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve;
    14 and Adam was not beguiled, but the woman being beguiled hath fallen into transgression

NLT

12 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.
    13 For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve.
    14 And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.

#114 revmwc, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've got to tell you, after reading the bitter and sarcastic tone in many of your posts in this thread, I find it difficult to believe that you are so thinned-skinned as to be genuinely offended by my statement.

However, IF you are honestly and truly offended by the second part, I apologize.
    IF you were honestly and truly offended, you should have brought it to my attention at that time, rather than tossing insults in retaliation.

#115 Arbo, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  16. Alive in Christ

Revmwc

Here is some excellant material for you.

Here is part, with a link to the entirety....

http://www.ccel.us/place.praise.html

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, the second point is wrong Scripturally because we are clearly told that wives are to submit to their husbands.

The third point is wrong because no where in Scripture are women called to preach and the role of pastor is a male position.

So that negates what is stated.

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. Are you reading the same Bible Charles Spurgeon read?

"I feel it no small privilege to be the means of bearing God’s message to this congregation. It pleases me when I know that many gray-headed Believers, who know far more of experimental Truth than I can be supposed to know, have nevertheless been comforted by the message which my Master has sent to them by me. But what an honor to have a message to the Apostles! Oh, the power of Divine Grace! Mary, once a demoniac, becomes a preacher to preachers! I dub her Doctor of Divinity, indeed, for she has to instruct these mightiest of messengers in the faith! Note the message. Did ever man preach a better sermon than this woman preached? Had ever minister a more weighty text than this Magdalene had to handle—“I ascend unto My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God”? Angels told of the incarnation, but Magdalene told of the ascension. She must be made to do, alone, what a company of angels had been made to do before—to proclaim another step in the Savior’s pathway to redemption!"

19. Alive in Christ

Annsni...

Well, of course you must stick with the "party line", but my hope is that you will...in time...choose to use the good mind that God has given you, and dig deeper into Gods rich gold mine of scriptural truth. It will bless you abundantly.

Actually, the scriptural material I posted for you makes very clear that the whole council of the scriptures..not just the shallow tidbits people rely on..makes clear the bankruptcy of the shallow "party line" view.

Dig deeper, Ann. The truth is evident.

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Two requests/questions for those who think that there is Biblical approval of women pastors:

1. Please give a direct, explicit verse that lends credence to your view. Not a quote or a link by another preacher or commentator.

2. Why the push to impose acceptance by those of us who believe women are Biblically prohibited from holding a pastorate? If you disagree, go to a church more in line with your views.