1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Two-by-twos/Church with no name"

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Turpius, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Anybody have any experience with this group? There is a small congregation of them in my part of central Ohio, just wondering if anyone else has run across them before. They met in homes, have paired intinerant preachers, and have questionable doctrines on salvation and the Trinity

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Am pretty familiar with them. Have met some so I did some research and have a book about them.

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I visited one of their churches (in large cities they meet in very large tents rather than in homes) a few times and I have interviewed several of them, including a member that had been with the group for about 50 years (They date back at least to the beginning of the 20th century (1900). Their Sunday services are open to the public, their other services are not. They are not allowed to give their literature to anyone outside of the group, and they are required to destroy all old literature, and their literature is therefore somewhat difficult to come by. Nonetheless this sect is found all over the world. I have a photograph (given to me by one of their former members) of a group of them in Pakistan. They are probably best known as the Coonyites, and much information can be found on the internet under that name.

[​IMG]