1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two More Demigods

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Apr 22, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL.....you have no experience with Catholics have ya?

3. OldRegular

I have known a few but never personally discussed religion with them. Not really any point in doing so. My family doctor is Roman Catholic {Latino} and seems to be a fine man.

Several years ago I was on a Forum with a lot of Roman Catholics and did debate them. I have often wondered if they were priests because they were knowledgable of Scripture. I believe one told me during a heated debate that I was "invincibly ignorant" or something like that. Another on the Forum who was not RC, but apparently knowledgeable about them, told me that meant I had special dispensation from the pope or words to that effect. Perhaps you can straighten me out there.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but I was born into it...literally so I could not get you to the mindset. You would probably have to be open to it as well, clearly you are not.

My wife is clearly a Presbyterian...though she would deny it. Years of reformed indoctrination have rendered her incapable of anything else....it is what it is.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious as to what makes her a presby in your sight...

Just she hold to infant baptism then?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironic that the Chuerch of Rome can honor one who was against "godless communism", yet still holds to a Christless salvation message!

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhhhh yes....but it ain't just that....and you'd have to be born to that as well .....kinda like, we got Servitis now how we goina kill the hugger What would the Catholics do???? Yes yes, slowly roast the bugger and make him scream in pain....but we will use wet wood to prolong the agony! Yes that's how we will do it. They will remember that too:smilewinkgrin:

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was also born into Roman Catholicism and I still don't get this whole saint thing. There is nothing Biblical about it and the whole "miracles attributed to them" thing is just weird - and again, unbiblical. It's sad when I see friends more focused on praying to the saints than to God. That veil is torn. They don't get it.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roman catholic Church is basically just rehashed OT Worship and theology!

Still stuck in trying to get saved by works of the flesh, but we know how God views any trying to do that way!

10. OldRegular

There is much truth in what you say in my opinion. The RCC priesthood is simply an extension of the Levitical priesthood, fancied up a little.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet God uses that to provide food, clothing & medical to so many poor & destitute. You would be hard pressed to see that come from any other religious organization.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Replete with top of the line golf clubs & weekly trips to the City. (Sodom is alive & well in the good ole US of A):laugh:

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sometimes we have blinders on and only see the bad side of some religions.
    Sometimes it is hard to forget things like the bombing of the WTC and that is all one thinks of when thinking of a certain religion.
    But OTOH, they have done a lot of good in establishing hospitals where there aren't any, often providing aid where needed when there is a crisis among some of the poorer Islamic nations. We often don't here of news like this. We are too self-centered on what are own country does, and those related to it.
    How is this possible? A good majority of Islamic nations are poor. However, nations like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Dubai, are very rich and can afford to give aid to other sister nations and do.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there anything biblical about Fatima, the rosary, blah blah? So why cant they make hero's (saints) out of their dead.... thats pure bunk & they even know it.....but good advertising......St Patrick, St. Mary the Virgin, St Anthony.....& the endless procession.

No what bothers me is clerical celibacy....that is an evil too difficult to get my arms around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy

#14 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  15. OldRegular

I don't doubt that the RCC does much good in the care of the less fortunate but I would also note that some of the poorest countries in the world are dominated by the RCC. One thing I admire about many Roman Catholics is that they are consistently pro life. However, some of the most rabid abortion advocates are Roman Catholics such as Pelosi, Biden, Teddie Kennedy, John Kerry, etc.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No serious RC thats the above mentioned even considers them to be Catholic....in fact, in most parishes across America, they are pariahs. In Scranton PA, the Bishop has told the churches that Joe Biden cannot be given Communion. Thats a serious pronouncement among Roman Catholics.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My father was a Shriner his entire adult life, and a Free mason, and they do charity works that would merit salvation better than most ofwe who are saved do in our churches, yet NOTHING they do will earn the reward of salvation from God!