1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Natures Of Man

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by gb93433, Nov 20, 2011.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where did the two natures of man originate?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

In the minds of men.

3. beameup

beameup Member

Man was created in the image of God.
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit
    Soul, Body, Spirit

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

From whom did those originate?

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Ezekiel 28:
    11 The word of the LORD came to me: 12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says:

“‘You were the seal of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
    topaz, onyx and jasper,
    lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.
    14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.

16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.
    18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    19 All the nations who knew you
    are appalled at you;
    you have come to a horrible end
    and will be no more.’”

Did it not originated from Satan, who was blameless in his way's till wickedness was found not created in him.

Did they ever even think of going against the will of God till tempted by Satan?

Ephesians 6:
    10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

God given us over to our own evil desire, where did it originate?

#5 psalms109:31, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Doesn't man only have one nature that gets bent towards sinning when confronted by sin. And then, when God save that person, their nature is changed to serve Him. Isn't there just one nature, and it's evil when satan controls it, and good when God saves??

Please, show me if we do have two natures. I am serious. This is something I have never really studied, and what I posted, was conjecture on my part.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't understand the question. Are you asking for the man's name?

8. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

God gave us His nature before the fall, which is love. When we fell, we took on the nature of sin. Be born again, we then are bought back, to love. Only two masters, two natures.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It seems that most anyone can easily answer where almost anything came from except evil. It is easy for anyone to say that good comes from God but where did evil come from. To say that something existed apart from God is to say that God did not create everything. If God created man with the ability to choose good and evil then where did the choice of evil come from.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I fail to understand why you or anyone feels that good or evil is a creation. The good or evil we do is the result of an action we choose to do. That comes from free will. Two natures which this OP is about comes from man generated teachings, not the bible.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only have one master,and only one nature.
    Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
    MB

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

13. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Found

Found is not telling me God never knew lucifer would sin, because God has the knowledge of good and evil, but does not do evil. It does tell me that God did not create it in him. God gave him over to his own evil desire. The will of God for lucifer is to be His guardian this is what He ordained him for, until wickedness was found in him.

They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

This could even be ourselves we worship over our Creator. We have a desire to worship, but we have focused it on created things over the one who created it and it has come from ourselves our own desire.

#13 psalms109:31, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  14. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Some people have God as master. Other people have another master, Satan. A person can only have one of the two masters.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So very true and the one who you belong to is the one who you will follow and serve. Sin unto death or righteousness unto life.

16. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Are you asking IF we still have 2 natures even after being saved by the Lord, our sinful one and the new nature now found "in Christ/"

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

The word "nature" gets used a lot. The term "sinful nature" in regards to saved man is that to sin is still in his nature(flesh). It comes from Paul's usage of flesh vs spirit in Galations.

Galations 5:17
    For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

The NIV renders "flesh" and "sinful nature."

As people, we have one nature, a human nature. Part of that nature(list of attributes) is sin.

Jesus is the only one truly with 2 natures(God, man)

18. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that we to define further IF we still have both old sinful nature and our new natures in Christ, as I see it, OR if just have the new nature now? As some here on the BB seem to see it as being now?

19. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I say it's something added to us. We now have the spirit. I don't think anyone here would say we no longer have the flesh/sinful desires. At least I hope not. This discussion was done a while back and someone said we don't have a sin nature after we are saved. I disagreed of course because Paul states his flesh vs his spirit.

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I cannot think of another word. Jn. 1:3, "All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being."

Good or evil comes from where? You cannot choose among something that does not exist. If it exists then what is its origin?

Since God created man with a free will, did He not also provide the choices?