1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two of the churches "biggest problems?"

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by bridgeway, Jun 11, 2005.

1. bridgeway

bridgeway New Member

How can you be N paradise when you are close to relocating there?

Check us out here for map and overall feel.

bridgewaybiblechurch.org

Blessings in Christ,
    KKinchen

PS--I do verse to verse expository preaching. God has called, gifted, and anointed me to do this, and I strive to do it well, with no apologies.

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Well,

I don't worship Rutz, so I don't really care that he thinks deacons are pagan.

I worship Christ, and in our church, certain men have been ordained to serve God by assisting their church in ways spelled out in Timothy, and those men are called deacons.

As Shakespeare said, a rose by any other name is still a rose. You could call your deacons "Toadstools," and if they were serving God they wouldn't be pagan.

3. D Curlee...

D Curlee... New Member

Texas,

You are still missing the point.

No one ever said you worship Rutz. But the impetus for this thread was to make people aware of a heretic spreading heresy, and to urge the Body of Christ to do something. To refute heresy is a command, not a request.

So, what are you, and the others, going to do?

In Christ,

Dustin...

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Actually, Dustin,

I feel that I am refuting heresay when I tell you that I don't worship Rutz.

To put it bluntly. I think that Rutz is teaching heresy.

Christ lead by example. Matthew 5 is the Sermon He taught.

Anyone who says that teaching the word of God is wrong is teaching heresy.

5. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Rutz is a heretic. On top of that he is arrogant. I read the same article you posted a couple of weeks ago when I was reseaching dominionism theology. That article was one that came up.
    Jude has alot to say about his kind.

According to Rutz and what he says I don't know how we made it without him. Pleeeaassee!

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can think of two bigger problems: Congregations who refuse to financially support a pastor, and congregations who don't listen to the sermons. ;)

7. bridgeway

bridgeway New Member

Hey JohnV,

Rutz still hasn't answered my questions. (Well, I think he hasn't) He hasn't sent me an e-mail response. WorldNetDaily continues to promo him like some prophet guru etc. etc.

In my opinion, Joseph Farah has sold out.

What a waste of what once was a good news service that claimed to be "Christian," catering to Christians.

I contacted Focus on The Family's pastoral ministries about it a couple of weeks ago. They said they would look into it. I just got their pastors weekly briefing today. They quoted from WorldNetDaily. I canceled my affiliation with Focus on the Family today.

Maybe the SBC could do something, but what?--and who?

I took an informal survey the other week and found out half my congregation goes to WorldNet occasionally--big influence on our culture if you know what I mean.

Anyway, blessings to you in Christ,
    KKinchen
    bridgewaybiblechurch.org

8. bridgeway

bridgeway New Member

By the way, the following is the original letter that Joseph Farah responded to but not Rutz. This was even before I found out that he called sermons, "pagan."
    ----------
    ----------
    Mr. Rutz,

The ramifications of your discipling thrust in "Megashift" are probably going to be large considering the promo you are getting from Worldnetdaily.

I have some questions for you because your current writings seem to be promoting your own philosophical theology and skewed hermeneutic (as per your earlier work "The Open Church") concerning the local church, and <all> its various designations.

First, are you an elder (pastor) as per the biblical qualifications laid down by God in the New Covenant scriptures?

Some of the backbone of that question has to do with the fact that I have not seen anything in your writings that explains the clear directives of God as found in Titus and 1 Timothy concerning the official status of elders/pastors/shepherds, nor their relevance, qualifications or functions within the church. I have seen what amounts to you asserting that people do not need pastors, as per such articles concerning your theories as this from CBN.com,

"Jim promises a network of interactive fellowships meeting in homes worldwide without pastors, programs, or sermons where members will take a giant step up to a whole new level of life."
    http://www.cbn.com/700club/Guests/Bios/Jim_Rutz042805.asp

Do you deny the biblical office of pastor? Are you insisting that it is a whole new level of life to be absent of biblical pastors? Do you deny that biblical sermons are God's ordained means of preaching His word, 2 Timothy 4:2?

My further questions are in relation to my comments above, and have to do with why Paul wrote the qualifications for elders/ shepherds/pastors. Directly after he taught on the necessity and qualifications of elders and deacons, he gave his reason,

"I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth."

Are you teaching, as Paul, how one ought to conduct himself in the biblically defined household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth?

Additionally, are you teaching people that those who "work hard" at teaching and preaching are worthy of double honor--both financially and respectfully as per 1 Timothy 5:17,

"The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching."

Are you equivocating the household of anyone who claims salvation who gathers in meeting, with the biblical model of "the household of God?"

Are you addressing how 1) those claiming salvation who meet together, and 2) the biblical household of God model, should avoid cultic influences and false doctrines that arise out of Bible studies, (as has been the history of cultic formations), and adhere to clearly articulated historic doctrines that deny modalism, pelagianism, and so many others?

Are you addressing how certain people are gifted by God in understanding, exegetical skill, expository skill, exemplary life, and speaking gifts that others lack within the body?

If you are not addressing the doctrinal concerns I have raised in my questions above with scriptural truth rather than philosophical agenda, then you sir will be exposed as a heretic of the most insidious order, as you will have led the church down the road to further decay.

Blessings to you in Christ,
    Pastor K. Kinchen
    bridgewaybiblechurch.org

9. Pronto

Pronto New Member

Whatever the 2 greatest problems are within the church, are they really new problems? People within the church have always struggled and will continue to struggle until Christ returns, we are human and saddled with sin so we struggle.

If I had to choose a couple I would choose viewing Christianity from a strictly American point of view and unwilling to agree to disagree, making moutains out of mole hills.

But those aren't new problems unless you consider 1776 as new.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen, Pronto! Thou dost speake my mynde.

11. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Only two?? I don't know and I don't care!

12. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Come on people, this isn't that hard to figure out. He is trying to make money, and is honest enough to say so in the article. It isn't any different than other people out turning God's word to try and make a fortune. Luckily, his "free" message isn't all that bad. A home church is what it is, they have always been around. They don't have the success that Rutz claims and they never will. Funny thing, when you don't have a pastor, deacons, etc. there doesn't seem to be much direction, meaning people keep going to Church and learning about our Lord.

13. D Curlee...

D Curlee... New Member

James,

You say:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

Thanks,

Dustin...

14. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Wait a minute -

I just went back to this after a few days.

If anyone took Rutz at his word that "Deacon" isn't in the bible, they aren't reading their own bibles.

They are mentioned several times in the bible, and the standards they are required to follow are given.

As to, "What are we doing about it?" When it comes up, I go to the bible.

15. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

What I mean by that is that the stuff posted on worlnetdaily isn't preaching that we don't need Christ, that you are saved by works, or that going to church will result in the loss of God's grace. His message may keep people from seeing the whole picture, but it doesn't (at least that I have seen) stand in the way of the Gospel.

16. D Curlee...

D Curlee... New Member

James,

Would you agree that supporting a message that contradicts the teachings of Christ is an unbiblical position to support?

Dustin...

17. D Curlee...

D Curlee... New Member

18. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'm proud to say I couldn't care less!!!! :cool:

Just kidding. SBC1303 said it in a nutshell.

19. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Hi TexasSky, We've tried to get a non christian neighbor to go to church. She always had a reason not to go.
    She told us that the went to a church other than ours. She said they didn't like it because the people were too friendly. Thats a first, I've heard of churches which were unfriendly. I think she was looking for an excuse not to go.
    :confused:

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

An excuse not to go is what it sound like to me, too.

Personally, I think the two biggest problems with the church are these:

1 - Preaching the Gospel to the converted. It's probably safe to say that most of the folk in the pews are either saved or have a reasonable compehension of salvation. Yet it seems many pastors ramble on about the need to get saved, but fall short when it comes to the countless other aspects of Christianity.

2 - Driving away the unconverted. I've likewise heard those same pastors talk about salvation in a way that the unsaved are made to feel threatened, pushing them further away from church, further away from Christ, and further away from a relationship withother Christians. This has the effect of being contrary to the spirit of the great commission, and it results in the local church becoming a social club instead of an extention of the Lord's hands.