1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Two posters with almost the same name...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mexdeaf, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

YeahesssAhh...lol

I think our next visit to Kentucky will probably be a return trip to the Creation Museum and also a visit to the upcoming Ark Encounter when they get it built and open. A bit out of your area...but who knows. I'd also like to visit the Fellowship Tract League in the Lebanon OH and the Air Force Museum in Dayton.
    I would say the same to you...if your travels ever bring you near the Greenville SC area...let me know as well.

Bro.Greg:thumbs:

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Gregory,

Your post is nothing but a continuance of the indictment of Matthew 7:1.

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Oh Well...

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I just disagree with it. I'm sure we both have people here who would either join us in agreement or oppose us in that which we believe. I do wish you well just as I do to bro. Rippon but sadly, we would probably not enjoy one another's company much as things currently stand. Regretable but true. I certainly don't profess to be the most super-spiritual member of the Baptist Board.....far from it. If you dislike or disagree with me then I would ask you to do one thing (and I am willing to do the same)....pray that God would bless, teach, enlighten, lead, and in whatever way He chooses, use me, for His Glory....ONLY! You pray that for me...and I will do the same for you. We (myself included) just all need to spend more time on our knees than at our keyboards (or at the very least...equal time).

Bro.Greg:saint:

4. TisMe

TisMe New Member

Can I be a part of this prayer chain? Makes me wonder What awesome things might happen if the whole Baptist board came together in one great big prayer chain. It would be cool if there was perhaps an Audio thread which would give us the opportunity to pray together and be able to hear each other. Kind of like a audio shout out box.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Of course you disagree with it, this is apparent. I base nothing on my opinion, but upon a Scriptural principle.

Yes, you would not enjoy his company, not because of the splinter in his eye, but due to the log in yours. Once you see this, then true fellowship will flourish.

It is not in seeing our brothers problem, but in seeing our own that brings the greatest joy, a servant's heart and fellowship. We are strongest when we recognize our own wickedness. In this we become servant to the one we have maligned. Most Christians run from this examination, and also run from any doubt of their own standing, to their detriment.

Your platform is based upon 'Agree that I (Gregory) am better, and upon this basis we can fellowship'.

In all of this you are clearly in error. Your attitude falls well short of the kingdom people described in the Sermon on the Mount.

- Blessings

#45 preacher4truth, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Incredible

I find it incredible that you have just finished making the same "judgement" of me that you accuse me of being guilty of.....and then accuse me of trying to "elevate" myself to some higher spiritual status. You do not really know me yet you have completely misjudged me and will probably continue to do so. I'm sure you'll have more to say and will have to get the "last word" in but I am going to follow SN's sage advice which follows:

Originally Posted by saturneptune [​IMG]
    "I have been guilty of this to a certain degree with a few posters that ring every bell I have in my body. As of late, I have made an effort (the lower case person is a good example) to either avoid them or keep my answers brief and simple. The trick to this is, with the Lord's help, is to get rid of the intense desire to have the last and best word, or to out insult the other person. In addition to the individual you mention, I can think of about four others that bring out the worst in me. It is my desire to overcome this and be a better person with the Lords help. No doubt, in my total being, posts like I have made to these individuals are a symptom of larger problems in my life. Praise the Lord we have the Holy Spirit and Jesus there to mold us into a more Godly person."

With that said...I shall now withdraw. Expect no further responses to your posts in this thread (at least).

Bro.Greg:tear::saint:

#46 Gregory Perry Sr., Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said this way back in June 12, 2013,--the very day the fake RIPPON made his appearance. It has been annoying that the mods took more than 8 months to confirm that he was really Sat/Nep trying to deceive.

The remarks in this thread by Gregory Perry Sr.,righteousdude2, Mexdeaf, Ed B, Benjamin and Zaac were hurtful to me and totally uncalled for. But now you can see that your words of derision for me and praise for the fake RIPPON were all in vain.

Some other posters on this thread were what I would call neutral. But only one --preacher4truth, came to my defence early on. And for that I sincerely thank him. I hope the nightmare of SN/RIPPON has finally come to a close.

Honorable mention for not attacking me --go2church.

#47 Rippon, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or, (dramatic music plays)....

... this could be the signs of Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorders (MPD), beginning to manifest itself in our brother. After all, all these years of debates and attacks, can wear one down, physically as well as emotionally (dramatic music fades as do the lights that were shining on this posted comment)! :smilewinkgrin:

#48 righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2014
  9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah,to be biblical -- it is simply known as lying --something he was noted for.

#49 Rippon, Feb 28, 2014
  10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that hurts me?

If in any way, what I said truly caused you hurt, I am sorry! I read my comment and did not see anything that could be considered offensive to the point of HURTING you, especially in light of all the "word bombs" you've tossed my way over the years!

So - Rippon - please read my comment and I quote...."while it may not be a game, it is annoying. Glad you stood up to the powers that be [legends in their own minds only], and decided to move on. Otherwise, this could bog you down for another five to ten pages, with NO end in sight.

Welcome RIPP0N (honest attempt to welcome the new member, not a fake feeling)....looking forward to your future posts!" :wavey:

Now, in the name of fairness, tell me how you can say I hurt you, or your reputation? And once you see I said nothing hurtful, I would like a retraction and apology from you for including me in your above post, blaming me for HURTING you! Be a man, Rippon, my post couldn't have hurt you, as I said nothing that can be construed as hurtful! Plus I welcomed the new RIPPON, and I surely didn't know that it was SN, that is a shocker. If he was behind this, then he deserved to be banned. And I say "if" because I don't know all the facts! And probably never will, as those in power, with the "delete and ban" buttons are tight lipped!

However, this entire OP needs to be clarified so as to lift up the fog that is going on with it!

God bless you Rippon! :praying:

#50 righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2014
  11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is....

....truly a shame! He had me fooled, but again, I need to know more, in order to make a decision as to just who was fooling, impersonating, who??? :BangHead:

If someone could do that, they must be very good at this cyber space thing. Now I feel more like a novice than ever before :smilewinkgrin:

#51 righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2014
  12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's rather straightforward :Mike,alias Sat/Nep,had a double account. He had an animosity for me in particular. So in order to get under my skin he invented another character with a handle almost identical with mine. He felt that his alter ego was expendable so from that vantage point he could even be more pugnacious and risk having that character being banned;if it got down to that. But as other posters had observed all along --the nature of Sat/Nep's posts and his other account were unmistakably the same. I just don't know why the whole thing wasn't stopped in its tracks long ago.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!

That is one amazing story! Just when you think you know people! Anyways, I am still waiting to see just how I hurt you! It wasn't intended, and I do not see anything I said, which was said in all sincerity, thinking the new RIPPON was for real. So accept my apologies if anything I said was construed as wa slam to you! we don't see eye to eye, but that is life! At least we both love the Lord! :wavey:

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait...this has been confirmed? If so has he been banned? And finally, who's to say he isn't masquerading as still another identity?

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a soap opera - or comical mystery. --Either one. Sat/Nep and RIPPON were banned the other day.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was the one who was tightlipped about the whole affair. Thanks RD2. Maybe I was too thin-skinned for taking offense at your remarks --it was just the aggregate affect of so many going after me.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may not be over though....not if he uses another IP address.

However he is a professing Christian and God chastens who he loves. I have real hope that with the Lords help Mike will repent of his sins and return to God....for that I pray.

I am also happy the masquerade is over. To see two Christian brothers at one anothers throats is disconcerting.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right!
    Me too;needless to say.
    At least it wasn't really three individuals --just two. Didn't you think anything was fishy going on when his fake persona had an instantaneous animosity for me as a supposed new-comer?

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am still wondering why you carried on with the guy.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course......and let this trail off to a psychological profile if I wanted to.....but that would be worldly, wouldn't it. I thought, just check the IPaddresses

But allowing this to go on so long....to play it out like this is tragic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.