1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TWO QUESTIONS FOR CALVINISTS

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Skandelon, Feb 12, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello rc.

That is right. I was thinking from man's point of view.
    I was permitting the word because there are some who think that God willing in Adam to create evil, if true, was evil. In fact Calvinists are considered evil for what we believe. But evil is not the right word.
    Some have said that we believe God reigns in a man to the point of willing in the Catholic priests when they do things they should not do. I do believe this.
    I ask, how evil is it that God permits the Catholic priests? Does He stand aside and watch or does He turn His face away from such a thing? This is the problem. He must be viewed as evil which ever way we look at it.
    I believe that when God acts He acts as law. He is not bound by the law that binds us. We are not to judge Him in the way that He behaves because we are sinners.
    I believe He is morally good but it is His morally good that is good not ours and that morally good I don't really understand.
    Look what he did to Pharaoh! Raised up for the very specific purpose of destroying him. What for? Just to show us that He can do as He please. To say that is good is false to us. It is only because He says it is good that makes it good to us.
    He is Holy and Pure because He says so. I believe Him even after doing that to Pharaoh and all of us.
    But I won't use evil again. :cool: He is the Author of sin. Evil is the wrong word. There is more to the word than I realised.
    So evil is always done by and intended by man and thus called evil, but the same act is just, pure and holy because of the intent of God.
    I'd say just because God acted. I would not go so far as 'intent' because then we are in the realm of judging. But that intent might not be very nice for some and on the face of it look evil.

johnp.

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

No I changed my mind. :cool:
    2 Sam 16:11 David then said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, who is of my own flesh, is trying to take my life. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the LORD has told him to. 12 It may be that the LORD will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today."
    No I believe He had a reason for saving me. He loved me and gave Himself for me because He loved me. Reason enough is it not? Do you say He must love you if you try to jump through some hoops for Him? Is the only reason He loves you because you say you love Him which you don't you are just scared of dying? Have you done enough today? Do you love me better today than you did yesterday?
    Do you mean Jesus died for my sins? :cool: Jesus died for my sins. Jesus died for my sins.

johnp.

3. rc

rc New Member

Cool John... I understand.
    If people think that Paulinianist's believe that God MAKES people do evil, their dumber than a box of rocks. And as for the priests doing things to kids or any other evil that HAPPENS?.... God's plan will not be thwarted.