1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tyranny in the workplace against Christians?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by latterrain77, Dec 15, 2002.

1. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Does tyranny in the workplace against Christians occur? Any examples? How should a Christian respond if at all?

latterrain77

[ December 15, 2002, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: latterrain77 ]

2. H.R.B.

H.R.B. New Member

Have I had problems with tyrants? No.

I read my bible at work. My bible sits at my desk.Creates quite a stir.

Lots of bible scoffers come by. They try so hard to educate me. I rather enjoy passing bible verses to them. Makes them think. At
    least maybe I can plant a little seed.

Just think I might be the only Christain they meet. A honor it is to serve.

I get all types of questions.I get Athiests asking me if they are going to Hell because they don't believe. I usually get a heresy a week to try my faith. I 've been told Jesus fainted on the cross and that the gospil of Thomas should be in the bible.I've been gone from work 2 weeks now and I'll just bet that they miss having someone to pick on.

Ambassador for Christ,
    Heidi
    [​IMG]

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even bowing to pray for lunch at work creates a problem for some. "Tyranny" or "coersion" is usually subtle and personal, NOT something for which a law suit might be filed.

Politically correct harrassment :rolleyes:

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've never had a problem at work.

5. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Hi all. Thank you for your thoughts. I raised this question because I have recently heard about instances of hostile "bosses" who punish Christians in the workplace who have tried to uphold or represent their Christian values. In my day, such things were unheard of. I'm glad to hear that Heidi, JohnV and others have had positive experiences. I know of a young Christian person who had the EXACT opposite experience. I suppose it depends on the corporate culture? (or maybe it's the "corporal culture"). Thanks again. [​IMG]

latterrain77

[ December 18, 2002, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: latterrain77 ]