1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. court upholds same-sex teaching to children

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by gerald285, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==This is why Christian parents should usually put their children into Christian schools and Universities. There are, of course, some good public schools that don't do the things listed above. That is why I said "usually". As for Universities, well, they need to be sent to Christian universities. Secular universities, even small ones, are crawling with all forms of immorality and loose living.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Honestly, it's not the school's responsibility to teach morality. The idea of telling kids not to hate gays or to treat same-sex couples as pariahs is a good one.

Take all the Christians out of school and the unchurched never hear the Gospel. Rather, parents should do a better job of training up their children at home, so that when they are a witness to Christ in the public school system such things will not be a stumbling block.

4. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

US court and teaching children

tragic_pizza,

1) Do you believe that same sex unions are sinful and a abomination according to the scriptures?

2) Do you believe that same sex unions, when condoned by law will erode the moral foundation of our country even more than it already is?

3) Have you ever sat by the bed side of a person who has suffered and died of Aids?

Bartimaeus

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

No to the first two, and to the third, I think so.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? Parents should keep their kids in a hostile, ungodly school system to act as missionaries to the lost? Even mission boards have age requirements for young people entering the mission field, and I have yet to hear of any who accept children as full-time missionaries!

If school kids aren't hearing the gospel, the fault should be placed where it belongs, at the feet of their parents and at the door of the local church.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Jesus never said it would be easy.

The latter, definitely.

8. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

US Cts. and children

tragic_pizza

1) Are you involved in a same sex union?

2) Please take your best shot and explain why you believe the scriptures condone this practice. I am seriously anticipating your answer. I will not be curt or mean spirited. If you believe so I will immediately bow out after an apology.

3) Your answer to #3 above was "I think so", you are not sure, or did you not take my question seriously or what? If so, did the person you sat with die?

Bartimaeus

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Placing our children in a hostile environment like these schools mentioned would show a severe lack of wisdom. Or it could also indicate that the sinful life is condoned by the parents. This lifestyle is hideous, sick, and at the top of the perversion charts. My 6, 7, & 9 year olds do not know anything about and it isnt time for them to know yet. This is a shame and disgusting.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Please tell me you are kidding! Same sex unions are not sinful? They are not an abomination? You don't believe the acceptance of homosexuality erodes the moral foundation of our country?

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

They're not teaching the bedroom details.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

There isnt any part of homosexulaity that isnt perverted and sick.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

No, I'm going on 21 years with my wife (who is, and has always been, of the opposite sex).

I actually find your questions quite careful and respectful, which I appreciate.

This is a very complicated question, because I am not sure that Scripture condones gay marriages. Scripture certainly condemns premarital and extramarital sex of all varieties, yes, but I've read a variety of position papers from both sides of the argument, and both make compelling arguments.

In any case (and I know that I am taking a great risk of being banned here, and ask for grace from the moderators and administrators), I am approaching gay marriage not as a specifically spiritual issue, but as a governmental and equal rights issue. I simply think that government's job is to treat all its citizens eually as much as possible; if married couples like me and my wife get tax benefits and right of survivorship, so should all couples.

I think the Holy Spirit can do a fine job of convicting of sin without much help from me. Thus, in a chuch setting, if God wants a person to refrain from homosexual behavior, God will take care of it -- especially if, in that church setting, the Scriptures are read without ambiguity.

Outside of Christianity, if one understands that every unchurched person is going to Hell, then their sexual behavior is kind of a moot point. The vast majority of gay people don't "recruit," and far, far more heterosexual people molest children per capita than do gay people.

Bottom line is this: I don't think gay marriage is strictly Scriptural, and I cannot encourage the practice. I similarly cannot, though, advocate a secular government treating committed couples of any stripe unjustly.

I take your question seriously, and answered it as seriously as I can. There are people I know whose practices could certainly have led to cointracting AIDS, but given the atmosphere in the deep South, I never knew for certain.

(By the way, I have reported my own post to the moderators, since it may well violate Board policy. I went ahead and answered because honest, kindly worded questions deserve answers which are just as honest and kindly worded.)

#13 tragic_pizza, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I addressed this above.
    Honestly? No.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

In some of the Massachusetts government schools they have been! Have you heard of the "Fistgate"? The Massachusetts News has an archive of their coverage of the 2000 and 2001 annual GLSEN conferences, their repercussions and related stories.

http://www.massnews.com/past_issues/2000/Schools/fistarc.htm

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Instead they are teaching an immoral and sinful lifestyle. Your response shows moral weakness on your part.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Neither is it their responsibility to teach immorality.

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What's immoral about "hey, treat everyone with kindness and understanding. If Billy has two moms, he's OK?"

19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

But it also teaches that homosexual relationships are acceptable and moral. And thye are not.

20. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Click on my previous link to see what they were teaching in the Mass. government schools, you will see what is immoral!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.