1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Federal Budget Deficit for Past 12 Months

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 9, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

The difference between compassionate conservatives and compassionate liberals is nothing more than a geographical preference. It's interesting to see Pubs advocate so much spending in Iraq for things like public schools and then bemoan those exact same institutions here. It's come down between our choosing a foreign welfare state or a domestic welfare state. Personally, I find both repulsive but if it's determined that the govt. must spend and spend some more I would at least rather see OUR citizens cash in. Namely, me. :)

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer to the problem is obvious. What we need is huge tax increases.

Vote for a democrat.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Or the other obvious answer is that we need less spending. Ironically, this may also be democratic territory. By opposing the war, and through no fault of their own, dems have actually become the party of small(er) government.

<faints>

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You won't get it from democrats.

But you will get the tax increases. Huge and neverending tax increases democrats pass will tank the economy in 3 years...max.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What is really interesting is the never ending desire to throw money at schools in America. The need for schools in iraq is not the same need in America. The NEA and their ilk want 6 figure paychecks and freedom to teach what ever they want with no accountablity.

If you want so much to cahs in on the backs of other tax payers like the Dems then I am sure Canada has a place for you.

8. Dan V.

Dan V. New Member

When the public schools came into existence, the church rolled over and played dead - while we prohibited wine!

We prohibited what God allowed (wine), and allowed what God prohibited (a pagan state run education).

No wonder most hymns from the late 1800's sound like a merry-go-round.

Dan V.

9. Ivon Denosovich

I'm not quite sure I understand this post. For the record, I really was kidding. :confused: