1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Help 'Vital' to Foiling German Terrorist Plot

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070914/wl_time/ushelpednabgermansuspects

US Helped Nab German Suspects

By ANDREW PURVIS/BERLIN
    Fri Sep 14, 10:50 AM ET

American assistance in uncovering the terrorist plot last week to attack U.S. and German targets in Germany was "vital," according to a German official familiar with the investigation. It was National Security Agency surveillance of communications between Germany and Pakistan, along with some help from Pakistani intelligence, that first uncovered the plot last October and "set the ball rolling," the German official told TIME. The investigation culminated last week in the arrests in central Germany of three ringleaders, two German nationals and a Turk, and the revelation that the cell was plotting a "massive" attack, possibly on U.S. targets in Germany. "U.S. intelligence was of utmost importance," said the official, who asked not to be named. "The U.S. was even more prominent in this than they appear to be."

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

It is all well and good to catch terrorist cells, but just think of all our rights we're giving up in the process! Such as...well and...er different stuff.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait a week or two to comment on this report. I just want to wait and see if this will turn out to be another "staged arrest" like the last half dozen or so "terrorist" arrests were.

Seems that some folks would like to us believe that all the new surveillance laws help foil terrorist plots so bad they'll actually lie about it. Hmmmm.

#3 poncho, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2007
  4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

5. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

What rights are we giving up. I can do the same things now I did before 9 11 can't you.

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I sure can :)

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's the story as of today. Give it some more time to develop. Let's come back in a couple weeks to see if it's the same then.

You aren't giving up any rights at all. You lost them long ago when they were turned into privileges. Now even the privileges are getting harder to secure.

#7 poncho, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2007
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Doggone it ... I wish they were monitoring my phone. They would have just heard an 80 minute conversation on how best to make disciples, plus a 25 minute conversation virtually the same topic earlier this morning. In the past two or three days, they would have heard 20-30 minute prayer sessions crying out to God for him to do something for this church. Plus they would have heard other conversations relating to church ministry.

Where are those monitors when you need them ...

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'd like them to monitor my phone to catch the one that calls at 0 dark 30 in the AM with a blocked number.

Poncho, in your conspiratorial mindset, you can't seem to even process good news.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And you my friend seem to have a hard time distinguishing between me and the issues we're trying to discuss. Show me a recent "pre emptive" terrorist bust that wasn't first hyped all out of proportion by the world's governments and media that didn't later turn out to be something much different than first "reported". All that I've seen so far have turned out to be botched sting operations with government "informants' trying to talk stupid people into doing something really stupid. Or just plain ole deadly mistakes. How many times did they kill and or capture Al Zarqawi, five, six, seven times? And how many times did you cheer his death or capture, five, six, seven times?

#11 poncho, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is there no circumstance possible, that would allow you to declare/admit America did something right?