1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UCLA student told she can't say 'Jesus'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

From the link...

Nothing suprises me anymore in the country. Satan is working hard, and many in academia are doing his bidding.

I was however slightly encouraged by what came later in the article...

(again from the link)

How very gracious of them. :laugh:

(as if they needed the schools gracious permission to excercise their right of free speech)

#2 Alive in Christ, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
  3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I would be willing to bet that if someone used the name of any false god (or even thanked the devil) that no one would mind or say anything. However, the name of Jesus Christ has become nothing more than cuss words to many people.

I was watching a new TV doctor show recently (can't remember the name) and heard someone near the beginning use the name of Jesus Christ as profanity, and I immediately deleted it. I record everything I want to watch so that I can watch it at my leisure and fast forward through the commercials.

Another show I tried watching had the main character using the GD phrase twice right at the beginning, and I haven't watched it again since. With the increased use of profanity on TV, it's getting so that there is very little fit to watch.