1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UFOs

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what your position is on the JFK assassination. Did LBJ pay somebody off to do it? Castro? Robert Kennedy? Rose Kennedy? Maybe Rosemary managed to tell her nurses to do it, and of course they can't defy orders from a Kennedy.

2. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I know is that there is about the same probability that we landed on the moon and everything is as authentic as we claim... as the probability that a single crazed shooter acting alone killed JFK. Neither story makes any sense if you look at the whole picture.

#62 corndogggy, Jul 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  3. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we called up some little green men from Mars and traded all of our highly important blueprints and original tapes for some of those moon rocks. I mean, we can't find any blueprints or original tapes or anything of importance like that, but we've got a bunch of rocks. Doesn't make much sense. If the story we got from our government is 100% kosher and we can trust them 100% on the matter... why could they not protect something as simple and important as original blueprints, tapes, and other documents? All of them are gone. Why?

Interesting that JFK was mentioned above. Same kind of deal. If everything our government says is true regarding JFK, why is alot of key evidence missing? When incredibly important events happen in US history, why does our government have a habit of apparently losing key evidence? They are either astoundingly incompetent, or there is more to some of these stories than what they are saying.

#63 corndogggy, Jul 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, you want more proof that men actually landed on the moon-- so give me more proof that there was more than a lone gunman who killed JFK.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever flown a plane before? More likely not than so, but if you are landing on a strange field, or even doing an emergency landing anywhere that can be found, you don't have to have test-landed there before; you just ahve to know your status [fuel, oil pressure, oil temp., et al, and adjust flaps, slip angle, et al, accoriding to your evaluation of what you sense [length of 'field,' ground texture, crosswind]. Again, a civilization advanced enough to journey, probably over many generations, to distant stars and planets should have the knowledge and expertise to land an atmospheric craft without testing every little thing first. Some basics remain the same; just like in an airplane dealing with the things I mentioned, even if you have not landed on the field which has become your destination. And Star Trek and Star Wars should be disregarded in any serious conversation about this.

I don't think either of us believe there are any alien UFO's around. But if you're going to debunk the idea, do it competently.

6. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's kind of my point... alot of key evidence that would prove this is just gone, disappeared. Bullets, cars, brains, photographs, all kinds of stuff. Eyewitness testimony clearly shows that there is more than one shooter, yet things that would clearly prove this are just gone. Some of the videos I have seen, I just don't see how it is possible at all for one shooter to do all that damage, it seems very obvious that bullets are hitting him from different angles.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Where have you heard about these aliens who have a Satanic message? I've never heard anythng of the sort. I have heard about aliens who communicate by telepathy but never that there was an anti-God, anti-Christ message.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corndoggy:
    I don't know if you're just plain goofy-- though with your chosen monicker, that's likely enough-- or whether you know nothing whatsoever about bullets and trajectories, or whether you just have obsession with what cannot be disproved.

Although the first may be true, the last is inevitably true. "I just don't see how it is possible at all for one shooter to do all that damage," you say. That's lunacy. Kennedy was hit twice, and since it only takes one shot to kill somebody, what do you mean about "all that damage?" What happend to his head? Get a similar gun to one that was identified as the murder weapon, then shoot a piece of fruit, or a nearly-dry sculpture, or a solid wood block, and see how much damage a shot can do. And if my cheap .22 revolver can fire a shot all the way through a piece of 3/8 plywood, I have no trouble at all believing that 9 mm could penetrate Kennedy's body and enter Connally turned to his right. As for 'witnesses' who say there was more than one shooter, I've never heard anyone's account that there was more than 4 shots; and do you know how loud echos can be among a lot of tall buildings?

Enough of that, and back to the subject here. Are you claiming that all 12 men who walked on the moon have maintained lies all these years? as well as the 6 other CM pilots who rendezoued with them? and that the wobble from the jettisoned descent stages of the LM's could not be detected by earth instruments? and that the US spent several times as much money to launch Saturn V rockets into space all for show when much smaller rockets could establish orbit? [Why not just lie to the people about how much thrust is required to escape earth orbit into a trans-lunar injection?] Or do you deny that we built and launched Saturn V's, no matter how many people saw and felt the launches? And in the meantime, what did the atronauts do all those 8-10 days they were supposed to be gone to the moon?-- just joyride in a small craft in orbit, eating dehydrated food and disposing their waste into little bags?-- what fun! Or do you, perhaps, believe that no one has ever actually flown in space before? ; that we've spent many billions on nothing but an impossible illusion? If that's so, and star travel is so popular to movie crowds, why haven't this big hoax gone a lot further than to the moon

And finally, just what did we pay all those big salaries to engineers, flight controllers, et al, for? Were all those thousands researching the best strategies of checkers and tic-tac-toe?

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The Complete Guide To Checkers
    By Tom Wiswell, 1970.

Coincidence?!? You decide.

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know, have you ever flown a plane into the atmosphere from deep space.
    hardly comparable.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've read it quite a few times over the years, before being a christian and beleivieng this garbage, and researching after becoming a christian. I'm sure if your really interested you can find something on the net.

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My opinion----lone shooter---but probably wasn't alone in the planning

I've toured the depository

Points to consider

1. Oswald was shooting at practically "Point Blank" range---it wasn't like he needed a scope----motorcade passed no more than 20 yards away from the window

2. Motorcade was traveling at approx 10 miles per hour---it wasn't like Oswald was shooting at a fast moving car---scenerio would have been completely different had the Limo been traveling at say---60 or 70 mph

3. Oswald had a clear view from the window of approx 100 yards

4. Oswald's weapon of choice was bolt action---open sight

Thing to remember was----4 shots in less than 10 seconds---highly possible with a bolt action--considering the first round was already chambered and ready to fire---he had to "bolt" the weapon only 3 times in those 10 seconds---high possibility it could be done considering the adreneline pumping through his body added to a well oiled bolt mechanism

Lots of other things to consider

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. It's comparable in that if you know your readings and instruments and know how to fly, you can easily land a plane on an unfamiliar field. The same should be true for re-entering spacecraft-- if the "flyer" knows how to deal with observed conditions, that flyer would know how to re-enter and 'land' if necessary.

In case you might have missed it, I am a NONbeliever in extraterrestrial beings journeying to earth. But IF such a civilization were to come, the problems some of you seem to think would keep them from 'coming in' are miniscule compared to what they would have already dealt with in such unfathomably long journeys and advancing to the point where such journeys were possible.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

DonnA has a point, Alcott!!

Flying your airplane in unfamiliar airspace is quiet different than flying a space craft through space and then entering an atmosphere of the composition of Earth's. The Space shuttle Challenger crew?? Very very familiar with the whole concept of reentering Earth's atmosphere, weren't they?? But what happened?? A terrible terrible accident----and yet we were familiar with the atmosphere weren't we??!!

Landing your Cessina on an unfamiliar concrete airstrip is quiet different than entering the atmosphere where the chemical composition causes friction against the craft---even if you're extremely careful--you'll sizzle like a piece of bacon in a fryin' pan!!!

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed : and all the world wondered after the beast. Revelation 13:3

17. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

In regards to whether or not we went to the moon/space:

A man who retired from NASA is an active member of our church and has been for several years. A fellow teacher that I was working with was into the "did we really go to the moon" theory. So I asked my church member who worked at NASA if we really went to the moon. His answer... "Well, I know they went up."

18. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, my goofiness has nothing to do with this so watch your trap and quit hinting at personal insults before I get ticked and say something I shouldn't.

Second of all, I have deer hunted all of my life. I've killed dozens of deer. I use a 30-06 and know good and well that it enters as a 30 caliber bullet yet can leave as if it looked like a small cannon hit the thing. The damage I speak of was probably a poor choice of words. I know good and well what a bullet can do but thanks for jumping all over this and clearing things up Mr. Ballistics Expert.

What I was referring to was basically the Magic Bullet theory. I'd type up a storm but you can find more than enough information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_bullet_theory

"According to the single bullet theory, a one-inch long, copper jacketed, lead core 6.5 millimeter rifle bullet fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository passed through President Kennedy’s neck, Governor Connally’s chest and wrist and embedded itself in the Governor’s thigh. In doing so, the bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, 7 layers of skin, approximately 15 inches of tissue, struck a tie knot, removed 4 inches of rib and shattered a radius bone. The bullet that is supposed to have done all this damage was found on Governor Connally’s stretcher in the corridor at the Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. It became a key Commission exhibit, identified as CE399. Its copper jacket was completely intact. The bullet’s nose appeared normal but the tail was compressed laterally on one side (see below: Theorized Path)."

As a hunter and lifelong shooter of high powered rifles... I've got to say, just as you did... that is lunacy. This is simply not possible. If you shoot through all of that, the resulting bullet is not just going to be laying there for you to find in near perfect condition. Also there's a bunch of stuff that just doesn't make sense in regards to the angles and trajectories.

If this is the delusions of some goofy conspiracy idiot... then there sure are alot of people like me out there. Some things just don't make much sense at all.

19. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. All of the hundreds of employees didn't have to be in on it, all they had to know is that they went up, in which they did. If this theory was true, then actually only a very small amount of people would have to be in on it. Funny how so many of those people turned up dead.

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Corndoggy,

Again, please visit this page. It debunks the whole bizarre hoax theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_hoax

As for the deaths...