1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UK Governments Pays for the Training of Islamic Clergy

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ulsterman, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

That's right! You thought that the Church of England was the State church in England, but whilst the C.o.E. pays for the training of its own ministers the British Taxpayer must now pay to train Imams. Unbelievable!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6718235.stm

2. Botfield

Botfield New Member

And with Blair saying we should "listen to moderate Muslims" (no such thing exists), we are in a mess. The end can't come soon enough.

3. mnw

mnw New Member

He who pays the money will eventually write the sermons. If the British government can get British Muslims financially dependent then it will influence their thinking.

Though some will always bite the hand that feeds them, there are many who will compromise for cash... I think this is the agenda.

It has happened many times before. In fact, I think that is how the British public school system went from being started, run and financed by the church to be almost entirely the domain of the secular government.

4. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

One worrying development in all of this has been a call to have preachers licensed. Of course, the reasoning is that this will prevent inflammatory sermons by Muslim Imams as they will have to tow the government line, but if such a thing should happen there is no doubt (unlike the £1m tax gift) that it will apply across the board, and that would effectively bring us into line with Communist China etc., resulting in faithful Baptist pastors falling foul of the law. Let's pray it doesn't happen. Our country is in BIG trouble.

5. mnw

mnw New Member

Maybe we should invade the Isle of Wight and declare ourselves an independent nation... :) I would back Generals Boreland and Moore

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Sounds like a plan ... now if I only we could sign up some cannon fodder ... any suggestions MNW?;)

7. mnw

mnw New Member

Complete this line from the well known movie:

"Send in the -----, they're cheaper than arrows!"

8. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like it.

P.S. for those who are not following this MNW and I enjoy playing Risk and quoting from the movie Braveheart.