1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unachievable Standards

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Mar 17, 2006.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I used to be pretty good in mathematics. Not arithmatic, but calculus and all that. One time I was bragging about my math grades when a very intellectual friend gave me some math problems to work out. I quickly learned how "dumb" I was. They were way above my ability to solve. Why did he give me problems that he knew I coudn't solve? The answer is becuase he wanted to put me in my place, to stop my boasting.

God does the same thing. He gave Adam a command that He knew Adams wouldn't keep. He gave Israel commandments He knew they couldn't keep. He commanded all men everwhere to repent, knowing that some of them wouldn't and couldn't unles he infused His own Spirit into them.

Why does God do that?

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

So he (GOD) would get all the GlORY when the impossible happens. [​IMG]

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Great answer Frenchy! Does anyone out there have any scriptures that would confirm his answer?

O.K. I'll give you some since I can't wait to see them. [​IMG]

Rom 3:19 ...that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Eph 2:9 ...lest any man should boast.

2 Cor 4:7...that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

From 1 Cor 1:

to confound the wise;
    to confound the things which are mighty
    to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Can you get to God's Glory through the arminian concept of human-based faith?