1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unanswered Q's from KJBOism

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

It is only the devil who questions the Word of God...

Yea, and hath God said...?

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not wrong , but God-honoring to have competent scholars ( I'm not one ) question the legitimacy of a particular rendering in any version of the Bible . BTW, I am talking about academics who are ardent believers -- lower critics , not from the higher , destructive school .

3. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Standingfirm,

Is it wrong to add to the word of God, YES OR NO?

4. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I believe to intentionally add or take away from God's word is wrong. However when translating the bible took place, preserving the meaning of the text from one language to another at times must have been a real challenge.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many times it is not possible to have a one-to-one correspondence between languages . Phrase by phrase may sometimes be better than word-for-word .

6. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

I understand this, however, this reading found in Revelation 17:8 does not exist anywhere on the planet.

I want standingfirm to explain why he feels the KJV is correct when this reading NEVER EXISTED before it was introduced into Erasmus' text due to a TYPO in 1516. The KJV unknowingly brought this error into its text.

Now, this is FACT. I ask that if you disagree, then prove it. However, I think it is clear that your claim of KJVO will die here. I am not attacking God's word, but rather the addition to it by the KJV translators.

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Yet you question and belittle the word of God as long as it is in any version other than the KJV.

Yea, and hath God said that there is only one valid English Bible version? (The answer is NO.)

8. Keith M

Keith M New Member

If there are those who do not want to see this proof, then they should leave this discussion alone. You have been asked repeatedly to show this alleged proof yet you fall back on feeble excuses why you cannot produce this proof. You cannot produce this alleged proof because it does not exist. This proof is to be found nowhere in the word of God - it is merely in the words and minds of man.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We are past the five page limit. This thread is accomplishing nothing.

It is closed and any reopenings will also be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.