1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Unbelief of TULIP

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Nuh huh......

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I found a picture of you and Brother Tom at your church picnic...

[​IMG]

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And a member got a video of you two that same day...

[​IMG]

4. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are so funny, but now that you mention it, I found a copy of your testimony.

It was a real skip to my lou day. The sky was clear and the birds were chirping. So I said to myself, what a great day to get saved. Think I will stop by the church and speak to the pastor, and get that taken care of.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So do you believe that those who reject the Gospel are believers of the Gospel ? Keep it in mind that you just agreed that the Truths of Tulip are the Gospel !

6. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I see where this is going. Yes, I believe tulip reflects the truths of the Gospel. Also, I do think anything like regenerational baptism or human effort towards salvation is different than the Gospel I believe in.

What I am not going to say is that Arminians are lost. Rejecting the Gospel is quite different than being in error about it. To me, rejection means you have a full understanding of the Gospel then reject it.

Nice try.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I disagree with you, you are now saying that a person can believe the Gospel and reject it at the same time. There's no true belief without an understanding Matthew 13:23 !

8. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The good seed says "he who understands." What makes you think for one second you have a complete grasp of the Gospel and others do not? I believe TULIP to be an accurate reflection of the Gospel. Others can look at Romans 8:28-30 in a different light. What makes your understanding the correct one and unique? Thing is are these folks that disagree with you one of the other three categories of seed. One seed did not take root. That's not the case of different stripes of Calvinism and Arminianism. One seed was choked out by thorns because of the cares of this world. That does not apply. And the fourth, was a rejection of the Gospel. That does not fit the group you are talking about either.

Just because someone does not hold your exact opinion of the Gospel does not mean they are lost. It might mean they are in error, or it might mean you are in error.

God is sovereign. Man is an agent of free will bounded by his own depravity unable to chose anything Godly without intervention by the Lord. Salvation is by grace through faith only. We can argue all day about the timing and order of faith, regeneration, justification, sanctification etc, etc.

For the folks here on BB that do not believe in Calvinism like I do, either direction such as hyper, or fall into the Arminian camp, none of them have rejected the Gospel as you put it. None fall into the other categories of seed. God is working in their lives as much as He is yours. You really need to understand the difference between rejecting the Gospel and a difference of opinion.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You are inconsistent, one cannot believe the Gospel and not believe it at the same time ! It's impossible to believe the truth of Gospel and Errors that oppose the Truth of the Gospel ! You also show no regard for the Holy Ghost , it is He that reveals the Truth to Faith Rom 1:16-17 !

10. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am out of this thread. I am not getting into a back and forth. Those days are over. I am not about to imply directly or indirectly the status of someone's salvation based on this issue. I have the highest regard for the Holy Spirit. It seems to me when you cannot back up your own issue about the four seeds you move from the issue to demeaning the poster.

#90 The American Dream, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro. Amer. Dream, you're wasting your time. He questioned the salvation of MANY on here and still posts away like nothing was ever said. Read RevMitch's signature....

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There ya go:thumbsup:

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You are a walking contradiction, it is impossible for one to believe the Gospel and at the same time reject the Gospel !

14. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite what his name says there's no way this guy (savedbymercy) is saved. When someone disagrees with his uneducated opinion, he goes straight to insults. No fruit of the Spirit just works of the flesh (Galatians 5). He is a 21st century Pharisee...or better yet he's probably a non-believer who's only intent is to sew discord, strife, dissension, and division (Galatians 5:20).

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You've sure made a lot of posts on here and still haven't gotten around to this post I directed towards you.....

[​IMG]

You're still on the clock....time's ticking away.....

tick tick tick tick tick tick......

16. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother Willis, your question was a repeat of brother Reform's question in which he and I had an exchange back and forth with my answer and we eventually ended in agreement.

I assumed you had followed the discussion and that since your question was the exact same question you would have felt it was answered. Now it could be you disagree with brother Reform's answers and want to have our own back and forth. If this be the case then I can start anew, if you missed our conversation brother Reform and I had then you can go back a few pages and catch up on it.

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is the One to bring to us illumination and understanding of the Bible and of the things of Christ, but God also allows us to hold unto a religious "grid lock", and our preconceived notions as to what the scriptures really are saying to us!

18. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From my experience, most synergists did not study to come to their conclusions; they started with the premise that man has free will and brought it to scripture, which is why they miss what scripture says. They look at it with freewill colored glasses.

Putting it another way, synergism is a default. It's what people naturally believe. God, through His Word, and through circumstances, slowly conforms our thinking to His.

Look at what Paul prays for the Ephesians:

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:14-19)

These people were Christians. Did they not understand the love of Christ?! Yes, and no. They did to some extent, but they evidentially needed God's action so that they would be able to further comprehend it. Paul was praying for God to act in the lives of these people so that they would be able to grasp (comprehend) the love of Christ.

We are not born accepting God's truths; we are slowly brought into a better understanding of them, not simply through study, but through, preaching, prayer, fellowship, and direct Devine action.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being".

19. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brian,

May I provide a different perspective? Most children of Monergist parents, who are raised in a Monergist church, are going to have Monergism as their default theological understanding. To say that Synergism is a default theological understanding across the board is not completely accurate. Since Synergism is the majority view across broad evangelicalism your premise seems sound, but it is only true a person comes to faith under Synergist influence.

20. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I partly agree with that; however, I understand synergism to be the default mode of the human heart regardless of upbringing. Synergism is akin to self-righteousness, which is the default mode of the human heart, not just a theological viewpoint. People might pass a theological quiz with perfect monergistic answers, yet they can function, to varying degrees, as synergists.

The good teaching a child in a monergistic home receives may correct his fleshly thinking, but that thinking is/was there to correct.

It's inherent in human nature, is my view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.