1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unbelieving father and stepmom in-law

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nini, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Nini

Nini New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If this is the wrong place to post please advise. Thanks!

Body of Christ,I need help sorting this out!
    Here’s my dilemma or maybe opportunity or both……I’ve never done this before so here goes…..
    My in-laws are not followers of Jesus and loath Him at times. My husband and I have tried not to force our faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior upon them. As time goes on it gets harder to NOT offend them and honestly I dread being around them. They frequently use God’s name as a curse word and they are very bitter people especially when they drink. For the last 15 years we’ve been able to all keep a safe distance with each other. Living in the same state, but not same town. We would get together for holidays and in the summer some. They are between the ages of 65 and 75. The Gospel has been shared with them and they have no interest, we’ve been told. Truly they just don’t get it or they don’t want to get it. Yesterday they came to the town we live in and went and looked at a house and made a offer. We were shocked to say the least! Come to find out my husbands dad is having health issues ( we aren’t supposed to know…told by his stepmom behind his dads back) and they want to get close to us because they literally have nobody in their life. They’ve pushed everyone away and never invested in anyone’s life. I am absolutely struggling with them moving here! I am fearful and can’t seem to pinpoint why. In general I guess I don’t like the darkness that surrounds them. We don’t have much in common. We don’t watch same movies or shows, read same books etc. I want to glorify God and do His will. But does He want me to be with unbelievers all the time? 2nd Corinthians 6:14-20 has me all confused. Any help or correction would be greatly appreciated. There’s so much more to this …. A long history of stuff (25 years). I know I sound quite selfish, but I have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and more often than not, when this happens, it turns out that it’s the Holy Spirit cautioning me. It’s caused quite the arguments with my husband already. His dad has so much power over him still and that scares me. I know this is all over the place and may not be permitted on this forum but if someone who’s rooted and grounded in the Word could just tell me if I’m way off base.

• Prayers Prayers x 1