1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unchurched Population Nears 100 Million in U.S.

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Rufus_1611, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Unchurched Population
    Nears 100 Million in the U.S.

It would seem that one of our larger mission fields may be in our back yards.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The idea that going to church once every six months qualifies as "churched" is the most troubling thing here. Where is the discernment and maturity in the church if we accept that kind of thinking?

3. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I'm the only one in my family who currently goes to church. One family member is of another religion, another isn't interested in church, one used to go to church but quit, and one doesn't go to church for fear of getting involved in "church politics." :BangHead:

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I believe that not only America but American evangelical churches are in more need of God than any other place on earth.

5. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

I think his numbers are way off. Maybe it depends on the definition of unchurched, but we have done demographic studies of our community show that on any given Sunday only about 10% of the population attends a worship service. And that's based on the attendance reported by the churches, and we all know that's never been exagerated, right ??