1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Undefeated Season

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Nov 9, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The Colts are still undefeated this year which raises the question:

Do they have a chance of going undefeated equaling the undefeated season of the Dolphins? If not, will any team ever do it?

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It's possible, but unlikely.

Their schedule the rest of the way is Houston, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Diego, Seattle and Arizona. They would have to be an extraordinary team to win the rest of the way out. They do have weaknesses, but haven't seen the caliber of opponent that can exploit them yet. They have some very difficult games coming up and I don't see them going undefeated.

The Colts have yet to play a team that has both a strong defense and a good running game. The Steelers, Chargers have both and I think one, or both, will beat the Colts. Shaun Alexander is having a great year with the Seahawks, though I don't have much confidence in their ability to stop Manning. I think the Bungles and Jags have the ability to beat them also.

There are a lot of things that we thought would never happen. Nobody thought that a team would win 3 of 4 Super Bowls in today's world of the salary cap. Nobody thought that a team could go from last in their division to Super Bowl champions in one season.

So, I'm not going to say an undefeated season will never happen. But, woe be to the team that goes into their 14th, 15th and 16th games undefeated. The pressure will be enormous.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

dungy's presence is finally being felt on the defensive side of the ball - and now that they have gone to more of a ball controll offense - they stand a much greater chance of going undefeated. Dont know if they will or not, but they have a good chance. The other thing that I like about them - the ball controll offense, with Manning and Harrison able to light it up at any given moment!

4. PastorSBC1303

I think that Indy has a good shot at it this year with the way their defense has been playing and that powerful offense. The team on their schedule that would scare me is Cincy.

5. west

west New Member

As good as the Colys are I think they'll lose at least once maybe twice .It seems hard to be super up every week .I like many others think they;ll win it all .

I am from Pitts. and a big Steeler fan .But I think the Colts will beat us .The reason is the Steelers seem to have a weakness against the pass and thats a BIG weapon for the Colts .If we blitz Manning he'll have a field day he gets the ball away fast and when we get burned its when we blitz !Thats whats been happening to us this years anyways .

6. nate

nate New Member

I would agree Cincy will be tough but what about Seattle living in the northwest you hear a lot about them. Sean Alexander is tearing it up so! I think they could do it! We'll just have to see. I want the Panthers to win it all though. Go Carolina! Atlanta or Carolina goes to the Superbowl from the NFC! vs. Indy. That will be a good game!

7. PastorSBC1303

One more week, one more win. Peyton looks to be heating up, this could get interesting....

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I think he will keep it going. The only team I think could be a problem is the Bengals.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm really surprised that nobody thinks the Steelers can beat the Colts. I think they can, but only if they have Big Ben back. If they have to play the Colts with Turnover Tommy, forget it.

The Colts will not go undefeated. Once they win the division and secure home field advantage for the playoffs, they will go into conservative mode. Tony Dungy should not give Manning and Co. a lot of meaningless minutes and risk injury going into the playoffs. Going 16-0 and not winning the Super Bowl means nothing.

10. John Ellwood Taylor

John Ellwood Taylor New Member

From western PA as well...I don't think the Steelers secondary is good enough in coverage to stop Manning. Hope and Polamalu are big hitters and Troy is very fast,however they play a lot of deep 3 with soft coverage underneath. Haggans and Porter are getting healthier and we need their pressure on the QB so there's no time to pick apart the secondary.

The defense also has two consistant problems:
    1) they give up a long first drive every week (can't afford to fall behind against Indy)
    2) they can't get off the field on 3rd down

I don't think even with Ben the Steelers can get into a shootout with Indy. They are a get a lead and control the clock team.

As for Indy undefeated, to stay on OP's topic: Cincy, Pit, Jacksonville, adn San Diego will be strong challenges.

Have to root for Indy against the Bungles this week so the Steelers can take first place in the division.
    As well, Dungy is a former Steeler and the Steelers can be the team to ruin the perfect record onMonday night football to rub it in Madden's face (he still hates the Steelers from the 70s) ;)

11. PastorSBC1303

I have watched the Steelers a few times this year and I just do not see them beating the Colts. I really think the only team on their remaining schedule that has a shot is Cincy. But we shall see...

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

They keep going and going... I would love to see the Colts go undefeated, and I would love to see them win the Superbowl.

The only team I like from Indiana (I lived there for two years) is the Colts. Go Peyton and co.!

13. PastorSBC1303

That was quite a game yesterday....I think that Indy had a great shot at going undefeated. Althought a matchup with Cincy in the playoffs would be fun to watch!

14. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Indy has a tough season finishing up. One thing overlooked is they are playing Seattle in Seattle where they are nearly invincable.Seattles defense is comming together with the exception of the OVER-RATED Marcus Trufant(I call him toast)who seems beatable at critical times.Anyhow it will be interesting and after all is'nt that why they make them actually play the games,to see who actually does win.

15. PastorSBC1303

While Seattle has been impressive this year, I do not think they have the team to knock off Indy. But it should be a good game...

16. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

True enough. I think Seattle has even surpized themselves a little.

17. PastorSBC1303

The Colts got over a big hurdle last night in the Steelers and made it look rather easy...one step closer to that undefeated season.

18. Vasco

Vasco New Member

I am in Miami now, and Don Shula who coached Miami to the only undefeated season said he thinks Indy is the team that could equal the perfect season.

19. PastorSBC1303

One game closer...

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

ccrobinson wrote:

[​IMG]

Have to make sure I don't hurt my arm or shoulder patting myself on the back. :D

The Colts could have won the game yesterday. They didn't take the chipshot field goal near the end of the first half and not playing it conservatively at the end of the game took them out of field goal range.

But, I have to wonder that if they had won the game if it would have given them a false confidence that they could play without urgency and still win. They should have no such illusion after yesterday.