1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understand the Times

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Television, radio, print publications, and podcasts have spent thousands of hours describing Donald Trump’s spectacular rise—and his dominance of the Republican primaries. So you might think his appeal has been thoroughly explained. Not so.

What’s been well covered is his populist allure, his nativist bombast, his blunt statements and swaggering threats, his vast riches, and, of course, his ability to surprise and entertain. That’s all accurate. So is his appeal to a dark undercurrent of voter resentment and anxiety, what historian Richard Hofstadter once called the “Paranoid Style in American Politics.”

What’s missing, then? The public’s sense that, whatever Trump’s failings, he is actually competent. That’s a compelling proposition to many Americans, who don’t think Washington bureaucrats or bloviating senators could organize a two-car funeral.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...he_media_miss_about_trumps_appeal_130001.html

1Ch 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that the radicalized right is pretending to be so surprised by Trump.

He's repeated what folks in the GOP have been opining the last seven years.
    He's acting the way folks on here who identify with the GOP have been acting for years.
    He's saying what folks on here who identify with the GOP have been saying for years.

He just took all the racial division generated by the Sharptonesque race pimps Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and other political talk conservatives and made it prime time.

Other than not being able to control him, Donald Trump acts the very same way and says the very same things that a lot of you on here do who identify as GOP "Conservatives".

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Yikes. I am not a Timothy George fan nor have a really read his material, but something struck me quite odd about a person being a Reformed Baptist and sanctioning something like Lent. I see that Mr. George is quite the supporter of ECT (Evangelicals and Catholics Together). Very sad, very NOT Reformed, and definitely not Reformed Baptist.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been feeling out a Reformed Baptist church. Modern music is actually moving those of Reformed theological bend toward liturgical observances. It's quite common.