1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding and Witnessing to Mormons

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JRG39402, Mar 21, 2006.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

I have a few mormon friends and so this issue was very important to me. I found something recently that helped me and perhaps it will help you. It is a DVD called The Mormon puzzle. Click here to order it from Lifeway Christian Stores.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The first thing to know is that the Book of Mormon is not Mormon and therefore the doctrine it contains provides very little support for the Morman faith.

"Mormonism" comes from documents like the Pearl of Great Price and Doctrines and Covenants -- books actually WRITTEN by Joseph Smith - not simply lightly "edited" by him as in the case of the fictional work of Samuel Spalding - the "Book of Mormon" (Not a title he gave it as I recall)

The BoM is much more severe on the topic of Polygamy than is the Bible and it is very explicit about the lost in hell never being recovered to life!

Samuel was apparently never introduced to Mormonism.

In Christ,

Bob