1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding Genesis 1&2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 4Pillars, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is not what was asked of you?
    What are you hiding? What are you ashamed of? Jesus said:

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

You seem to ashamed of Christ, or the organization that you belong to that you would claim represents Christ.
    I therefore ask again:
    What is your denominatin; your church affiliation?
    DHK

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm probably polar opposites from Bob, but I like all the pretty colors when he posts...

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Esh, ou maat, you're confused not a little!

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But on the other hand ...
    It surprises me greatly so many literalists (I am one myself) who are unable to find the least contradiction in Genesis 1-3, eagerly pleads contradiction and even confusion in the Gospel stories of Jesus' resurrection and appearances.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    me too:type:

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What happened?
    Did 4Pillars bow under pressure of such personal questions being asked of him?

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It would so appear.

8. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Fans,

I am sorry for the delay but I just have to consentrate and finish my work -- month end closing --and generate our Financial Statements for the month of November 2006. However, I am back for now!!! :type:

Now, now, what have we got here?

As I have said, I am a Born Again Christian who don't belong to any denomination except it be the Body of Christ. But if you insist, I fellowship with the Father and Son, Spiritually.

The good news is, I consider you all my brethren in Christ -- inspite of your flawed understanding of the Scripture.

God Bless

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm going to delurk from this thread, because this is ridiculous.

First, I agree with everybody that has pointed out that you are the one who can't seem to understand clear Scripture. Your interpretation of clear Scripture is some of the most convoluted and confusing stuff I've ever read.

Is this pity? Do you have pity on us? This statement is highly offensive.

10. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Bob,

Just like you, most of the continued mistake being made by YECs in trying to comprehend Genesis 1 is taking it as a complete history which included prophecy that still to happen. Genesis 1 is a SUMMARY of Creation -- from the beginning to the Book of Revelation.

The Bible was written for the past, present, and future. It is relevant for today, and tomorrow. Written by the Supreme Intelligence, it's just too hard for poor, ignorant, unbelievers to comprehend – for they are foolishness to them. The only way they will understand is to seek wisdom and understanding.

As I have posted before, the first chapter of the Bible tells the complete History of how God created the Perfect Heaven (Rev. 21). God wrote our History, before the events are complete.

God has but 7 Days, and the 7th has No ending. When God rests, or Ceases to Create, on the 7th Day, it will be too late to be Created in God's Image, or in Christ. Since all we have is "today", those who will live forever, must be born again while it is still called, Today. Today is the only Day of Salvation.

Genesis 1:30 does Not say will become. It says and it was so. Since it has Never been so, that every animal was a vegetarian, it should be obvious that this is Prophecy of the events which will occur at the end of the present 6th Day.

At the end of the present 6th Day, God's Perfect Heaven will be Finished or brought to Perfection. Then, He will Rest, that is, He will Cease to Create, and the 6th Day will end.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Oh, no, it means he'll still let us in his little club. whoopie.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It seems that you have a hard time understanding the English language. I will ask of you the same question. In fact I will quote myself so you don't misunderstand what I am asking me? Refusal to answer may have its consequences if taken before the administration, as the profile was not filled out properly.
    This time don't evade or skirt around the question. An honest answer is required.

13. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Which part of my response -- in red color -- are you so abysmally ignorant about, DHK? Are you trying to kick your Christian Borther out here because he tells you the truth -- which all of you could NOT gainsay?

Don't you turn things around. You're the one who is ashame of not recognizing Christ, the Son -- physical existence even during the old testament; even before the world was.

Perhaps, you tought that the God of the Old Testament is different "person" from God of the New Testament - now that is a shame.

Now, let's go back to the topic instead of you attacking the messenger.

Do you have any Scriptural proof text to sustain and support your objection to my recorded stand?

#93 4Pillars, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2006
  14. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Here are some of the physical likeness of Jesus in the Old Testament. Remember, the Lord God is Jesus, himself.

And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth [month], in the fifth [day] of the month, [as] I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me. Then I beheld, and lo a likeness as the appearance of fire: from the appearance of His loins even downward, fire; and from His loins even upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of amber. And He put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, Eze 8:1-3

No man has seen God the Invisible Spirit of Love, but Shadrack, Meshesh, and Abednigo, who were with the LORD God (Christ, the Son) in the fiery furnace, will tell you they saw Jesus for He is the Only Begotten Image of the Invisible Spirit of God. His Image is that of a man Glorified, whose Glory is Brighter than the Noonday Sun.

God Bless

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the post quoted below (from page 8 on this thread) we see DETAILS in scripture about the COMPLETED work of God on day 7 of Creation WEEK -- and NOTHING AT ALL about the UNFINISHED WORK of creation on day 7.

Yet the only response we get from 4Pillars on this - is to whine that it FITS the YEC model and not the atheist darwinist model.

Is THAT supposed to be "exegesis"?? Why not respond to the DETAILS in the texts given here instead?

----------------------------------
    Notice that INSTEAD of God saying "SOMEDay this will happen AND SOMEDAY this will be GOOD" God stated that it all DID Happen and not only was it Good -- as a finished and completed work - but GOD RESTED from ALL that he had done -- THEREFORE the Lord BLESSED that day of rest for ON IT HE restED.

Period.

No prophecy in this historic "ACCOUNT of the creation of the heavens and the earth" just historic FACT.

The language IN the text shows COMPLETED work - not PREDICTED work --

Ex 20 -

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed[/b], and all their hosts.
    2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He
    rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3 Then
    God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.[/quote]

This is obvious - nothing is left UNDONE here-- it is all stated as COMPLETED!

These inconvenient Bible details are fun to ignore if you are not comfortable with them - but it is "required that you ignore them" if you want to hold to the future insertion that 4Pillar has attempted.

Here is another perfect example of the COMPLETED work of Creation week - NOT incomplete NOT still pending NOT still waiting on completion.

Ex 20[/b]
    8 ""Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 "" Six days
    you shall labor and do all your work,
    10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.
    11 ""
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

16. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Bob,

For your additional learning... Here is how and when the Creation is COMPLETED and PERFECTED at the end of this present 6th day of God' creation -- contrary to your flawed traditional understanding. [ad hominen deleted]

"in the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1)
    "I saw a new heaven and a new earth" (Rev 21:1)

"The gathering together of waters He called the Sea" (Gen1:10)
    "And the Sea is no more" (Rev 21:1)

"The darkness He called Night" (Gen 1:5)
    "there shall be no night there" (Rev 21:25)

God made the two great lights (sun and moon)" (Gen1:16)
    "the city has no need of the Sun nor the Moon" (Rev 21:23)

"in the day you eat thereof you shall surely die" (Gen 2:17)
    "death shall be no more" (Rev 21:14)

"I will greatly multiply your pain" (Gen 3:16)
    "Neither shall there be pain anymore" (Rev 21:4)

"cursed is the ground for your sake" (Gen 3:17)
    "There shall be no more curse" (Rev 22:3)

Satan appears as the deceiver of mankind (Gen 3:1-4)
    Satan disappears forever (Rev 20:10)

They were driven from the Tree of Life (gen 3:22-24)
    The Tree of Life re-appears (Rev 22:2)

They were driven from GOd's presence (Gen 3:24)
    "they shall see His face" (Rev 22:4)

Man's primeval home was by a river (Gen 2:10)
    Man's Eternal home will be beside a river (Rev 22:1)

Please remember that God doesn't STOP creating things very good, He CREATES them PERFECT. His real Creation, which is perfect, is the 3rd Heaven, and when it comes He will rest from ALL of His CREATION. So far, everything that has been made is VERY GOOD, and will be perfected at the end of this present 6th day's (tonight). Then He will rest from all of his work on the 7th day.

God Bless

PS: IF you don't have any Scripture to sustain your objection to my post then you should KEEP SILENT and just pray to God. :praying:

#96 4Pillars, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You still avoid my question, even though you think you have answered them. You have not.
    Let me put it more simply for you.
    What denomination were you raised in? What is you denominational background. If you belonged to a denomination in the past what was it. If you were to belong to a denomination in the future what would it be? If you belong to one now, what is it? Are you afraid to be truthful and honest in answering any of the above questions. I know that you have that ability, so don't beat around the bush.

Secondly. What church do you attend? Do you attend any church at all? Are you a member of a church that you don't presently attend for some reason? If you were to join a church what would it be? What church did you belong to in the past?

Barring any possibilty of anwering the above questions one can only conclude that you are an atheist, a Muslim, or a member another secular or world religion which has no business in this "Other Christian Denomination forum. It seems to me that that is the case. Otherwise you would know the denomination that you belong to. Read the title of the forum and figure out who it is for.

18. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Here is my profile -- as required during the registration process….

Find all posts by 4Pillars

Find all threads started by 4Pillars

Referrals: 0 Email:
    Send a message via email to 4Pillars

Private Message:
    Send a private message to 4Pillars

Additional Information Group Memberships
    Date of Birth:
    October 2, 1953
    Interests:
    Play Chess
    Hospitality Business
    Denomination(Baptist, Methodist, Catholic...):
    non-denomination
    Home Church:
    Body of Christ
    Statement of Salvation:
    By Grace of God
    4Pillars is not a member of any public groups

I honestly feel that the latest requirement that you are demanding me to declare with your malicious insinuation above -- in addition to the required standard registration -- is discriminatory and is well noted, accordingly.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

First off, there's no such thing as discrimination on a privately owned bulletin board. Believe me, I've learned that the hard way (not here but elsewhere). Those who run a bulletin board can require most anything of their members to continue to use the site. If someone doesn't adhere to that, they can be booted off and if someone doesn't agree, they can leave. But it's NOT discrimination to ask a member of a Baptist Board what denomination they belong to - it's even in the registration. You filled in the answers wrong. You COULD say "I have no churches around me that are Biblical so I don't attend any at the moment" or "I have decided that I don't like churches at all and so I just worship God in my own way" which are honest answers. Skirting around the issue is not being honest. I'm sorry - it wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Secondly, you are so proof texting it isn't even funny. I can probably do the same to convince you that Adam actually came back to the world as Jesus or some other such hooey but it doesn't fly in the face of true Biblical study. Putting together a few phrases from different verses doesn't theology make. Again, sorry.

20. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear annsni,

I realize that what I post is controversial, but I also realize that it agrees not only with Scripture, but also with true Science, and History.

I do not write the things I write to cause others, problems, but I write to cause others to read and study Scripture, and to see that God's Word is the Truth in every way.

So far, all I have seen is Scriptural errors by your friends. The arrogant, unsupported, views of people like your friends -- who cannot sustain their objections with Scripture nor show us Biblical proof text their flawed understanding -- are not worthy of any true study of God's Holy Word.

You can do whatever you guys want to do but the fact will remain that your spiritual understanding of the Scripture is woefully lacking.

:tonofbricks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.