1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding the 1000yr Reign?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agreed with the part "let scripture speak", and then preceeded to give a list of several scripture where there is no literal MK.

BBob,

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have no recollection of you saying anything like that, only vitriol, such as this post.

BBob,

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What Kingdom was the apostles asking Jesus about in Acts 1:6?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Same Kingdom that is within us. They were asking when it would come to the flesh, or whole man.

The Lord only has "one" kingdom, that I know of and He said it is within you.

The same one, that will be delivered UP to the Father, after the last enemy is destroyed. (death)

BBob,

#144 Brother Bob, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Bbob, I've seen many interesting interpretations in my lifetime, and this is one of them.

Where in Scripture is your position supported?

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The Lord only has "one" Kingdom, at the end of time if the same spirit be in you that raised Christ from the dead, it shall also quicken your mortal body. When that takes place, not only will the inward man be in the Kingdom, but the outward also. Then will Christ delivery that Kingdom UP to the Father.

Is it so interesting to believe, that Christ only has "one Kingdom????

Luk 17:20¶And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Luk 17:21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luk 17:22And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see [it].

The Pharisees ask Him but He spoke to His disciples. I don't know if this were part of Israel who received Him or not.

Act 23:6But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men [and] brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.

Luk 17:24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one [part] under heaven, shineth unto the other [part] under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

BBob,

#146 Brother Bob, May 6, 2008
  7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Somehow Luke and Acts don't say what you want them to say.

8. Outsider

Outsider New Member

TC,

Are you saying that you do not believe that there is a kingdom in us?

I know that most people believe in a mk, but I have never heard of someone not believing that there is a kingdom in God's children.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Removed! Not worth the effort!

Ed

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Why does Paul say believers will reign with Christ if we endure with him (2 Tim 2:12)?

That language doesn't seem to me like a denial of a literal MK?

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

In the context of Luke 17:21, "Because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

I do not accept the reading "within you" in this context.

I hope you respect that.

We can establish that from other texts, but not from Luke 17:21, in my opinion.

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Why the following exchange between Jesus and his disciples, if the Kingdom is already within us:

Disciples: "So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?

Jesus: "He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority" (Acts 1:6,7)

Jesus could have simply said to them, "The kingdom is already within you, O you of little faith!?

But he didn't. Instead, he pointed them to a future kingdom reality.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It really is very simple what I believe TC;

I believe the Kingdom is within God's children. I believe we are living in the last days when it will get worse and worse. There will be wars and rumors of wars, great earthquakes and the love of many will wax cold. I believe it will get so bad that no flesh would be saved except the Lord shorten those days.
    I think the time is near, when the sun will turn dark and the moon turn to blood, the stars will fall from Heaven. There will be a darkness such as man has never known. Then the voice of the arch Angel will sound, the trump of God and as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so shall be the coming of the Son of Man. I believe Jesus will have angels with Him that He will send to the four corners of the earth to gather in all of His children. I believe all the dead shall come forth and Jesus will also have the Lamb's Book of Life and will begin to call the names of His children. They that have the same Spirit that raised Christ, will also raise us from the dead with a body that is incorruptle and can't die. We will already have our souls back and both soul and body will meet the Lord in the air, to forever be with Him. I believe He will deliver us UP to the Father into that Holy City, where we all have a mansion that was built for us. We will be with God and Jesus, the angels and all that have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    I believe when we hear Him call us saying "come ye faithful servant, inherit the home that has been prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    At that same time, He will tell those who do not have the blood applied to their soul to depart, for I never knew you. They will depart to the Great White Throne, and the wrath of God, where the dead and hell, shall be judged out of the things written in the books. They will be cast into a Lake of Fire along with Satan, the unbelievers, those who maketh abomination and those who make a lie, where the smoke of their torment will ascend upward forever and ever.
    I believe then the earth will pass away with a great noise, the elements will burn up with fervant heat and a voice out of Heaven will speak and say it is finished.

The children of God will be with God, in the eternal Heaven where we will rejoice with the angels and sing a new song. I have been redeemed both soul and body. There will never be another tear, nothing but peace and Joy.

Now, I don't think I missed anything.

BBob,

#153 Brother Bob, May 6, 2008
  14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you know when death will be destroyed forever and we will receive our glorified bodies. I do not, and they didn't either, for no man knoweth, except the Father.

BBob,

15. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

BBob, you are ignoring a large portion of Scripture.

Your position doesn't make sense with Rev 20:4-6, where we see the dead coming back to life and reigning.

If the Kingdom is about the body, Why a resurrection and then a reign and then the release of Satan?

Your position must ignore this or spiritualize it.

16. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Nowhere in the Bible is glorified bodies=the kingdom.

17. Outsider

Outsider New Member

TC,

I am curious, how do you take the scriptures when Jesus preaches and teaches of the kingdom of God? When He teaches that it is at hand and the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you? What about the parables?

18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Outsider,

I believe that with the coming of Jesus we see the presence of the kingdom in his ministry but not the fullness of it. Why do I say that?

Well, Jesus says, "But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you" (Matt 12:28).

But then he says that Kingdom is not here, "It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority" (Acts 1:7).

Now we have the mystery form of the Kingdom but not its fullness.

19. Outsider

Outsider New Member

But then the Holy Spirit came.
    The way I view it is, that Christ came preaching that the kingdom was at hand. He went away so the Holy Spirit would come and dwell in all those that believe. The kingdom could grow to all the ends of the earth.

I enjoy talking with you TC.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Of course it is spiritual. John only saw the "souls" OF THEM, that were beheaded.
    Not the souls were beheaded as Skypair mocked, but the bodies of the saints were beheaded and John saw their "souls" and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5: But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Also, This was the first resurrection when Christ came out of the grave and many of the bodies also came out of the grave after His resurrection and went into that Holy City.

If that is not a resurrection, what is one??

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power

Blessed and Holy is he that hath a part in Christ, for on such the second death hath no power.

BBob,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.