1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unfair Schedules

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Aug 16, 2007.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If you want to think the Cardinals were the best team in baseball in 2006, go right ahead. I'm not going to stop you.

I have no desire to talk about the NBA playoffs in any form. I'm still angry about being ripped to shreds about that subject 2 months ago.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Exactly.

Summer flu is not all that out of the ordinary, particularly here in the hot south. Every team has injuries and stuff. Maybe this will not affect the team for the long haul. The Indians fans are probably complaining about missing those home games due to snow in April :)

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Best team in baseball overall? Maybe not. But they won their playoffs, won the Flag, and won the Series. And did so without much competition from these so-called better teams.

How were you ripped to shreds 2 months ago? Not trying to open old wounds but just asking. Did I do that?

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

That's what they get for living in Cleveland. j/k.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yes, they did. My point is that an inferior baseball team has a better chance of beating a superior team than an inferior NBA team does of beating a superior team. It happens, but the chances are better in baseball. I think the Tigers choked more than anything else. When Anthony Reyes is shutting them down and David Eckstein is winning the MVP, you know weird things are going on.

It was during the NBA playoffs, specifically the Cleveland-Detroit series. My opinion was that, after losing a close game 1, Cleveland could (note Could, I didn't say they Would) win the series. This was disputed by a certain individual who felt that I was totally disrespecting the mighty Pistons and he wasn't going to stand for it. It came to a head a week or so later when he pretty much called me a moron.

I nearly quit posting here, and actually did stop for a while. If it weren't for my wife saying that maybe I shouldn't give up on it, I wouldn't be here posting this today. I also made the mistake of going back today and looking at a thread I swore I wouldn't check, and some of the things I saw there rekindled my anger.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter. Just know that you had nothing to do with what happened in that NBA thread.

Sorry for the derail.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

To top off the bad schedule, the Tigers have been secretly infected with a terrible flu bug by a united MLB front office and ESPN who secretly with the Yankees or some overrated California team to always win since it makes more money...

Back to reality. I agree that there needs to be a shorter season in baseball.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think the Tigers will sweep the Yankees this weekend. Which would make them Boston's new best friend. Maybe the problem with the Tigers is that they've been playing down to the level of their competition. Just a guess.

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

That would be fantastic. But I think the Yanks will win one game.

Every great team goes through slumps. It was just the Tigers time. I still believe they will win the AL Central though.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Perhaps. But when playoff time comes around, I don't always agree that there's more of a chance in the MLB than in other sports.
    Well, Eckstein hit .364 and slugged .500 for the series. In 2 WS he has a BA of .333. He must love the Fall Classic!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience around here back in the Spring. I try to keep a tight lid on things because this is a FELLOWSHIP forum, but I don't get a lot of support in doing so. Glad you see the need and glad you post here.

10. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Sports are fun, like reading a book or watching a sun set, it has little to do with life in the long run. Today so many wants to smash mouth talk if it is about sports, news, theology or anything else. So many call it win at all cost, my group or team can do it and it isn't a big deal but if your does it, it is the worst thing ever. So many have to be correct and have to show you aren't. I don't believe that is the Christian way.

Sorry you had the problem.

#30 Bob Alkire, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007