1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

unforgiveness in Nashville

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by IanM, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why not just take your family and go somewhere else? I wouldn't even give it a second thought. This is obviously a poorly led church.

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

That's what I would do but it sounds like he really feels that this is where God wants him.

3. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Please come to the men's private forum and defend this for us. </font>[/QUOTE]I keep trying. It won't let me in. I thought I was there once before, but it was just the Member's, you know, like foyer. It wasn't the men-only one.

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Please come to the men's private forum and defend this for us. </font>[/QUOTE]I keep trying. It won't let me in. I thought I was there once before, but it was just the Member's, you know, like foyer. It wasn't the men-only one. </font>[/QUOTE]Contact that Moderator of the Men's Forum and ask him to give you the password.

5. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

IanM, this discussion may have been moved to the men's private forum, in which case this may or may not have been answered. If it needs to be in the private forum, that's fine, and I respect that.

However...you have yet to say "why" this church "won't allow" you to attend. Do you know why? Do they turn you away if you show up?

If this has been answered in the private forum, please forgive me. But I'm really baffled by this.

Thanks
    CJ

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I'm baffled too, C.J. Sounds like the pastor is stepping out of his role and making some rules that are not typical of a loving, forgiving church! I don't care if Ian ran off with the baby sitter or another man or robbed a bank! He's back now! He's asked for forgiveness and made peace with God, his wife and children. Why is this church more special than these others!

Diane

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Only one aspect of this discussion was moved to the men's forum and it has nothing to do with the church or the situation but a related issue concerning something Tauf said.

8. IanM

IanM New Member

There is not really very much else I can say about the situation. They have made it clear that I am not welcome to fellowship with them. I could push the issue and just show up but I have much too much respect for GOD, my family, and for the church to cause such a disruption. My solution to the situation is to continue in prayer. I lift the situation up to our Heavenly Father and pray for His Will.
    I truly appreciate the very kind comments I hae recieved on this post.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Once again, as in the other discussion, I would like to see the specific Scripture that supports your specific contention. Please show us where it specifically states that God does not recognize divorce.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Please try to stay on this topic and help this gentleman during this time of trial. Open a new discussion on divorce!

Diane

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I am really stunned by the reaction you have received. Growing up, I attended a VERY strict IFB church where the scenario you presented happened. The Pastor actually performed the ceremony, and the couple are now counselors that work with the Pastor to minister to people who are considering divorce. They can show firsthand that God can repair any marriage, and I hear they are having a great deal of success.

I am in an SBC church, and we would never turn away you and your family. Are they really not giving you any reason for their intolerance?

12. IanM

IanM New Member

Update. Had conversation this afternoon with the Pastor. He says I would be welcome in the church. This is an answer to prayer. Please be in prayer that this will go well. :D

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh Ian I am so thrilled! Will you be going to service tomorrow at 11:00? I want to pray during that time... Let us know!
    Diane

14. IanM

IanM New Member

Will be in Sunday School at 0945 and services at 1045. Thanks for the prayers.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I'll be praying and I'm sure others will join me! I'm so happy this door has been opened for your family!

Diane

16. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Congratulations, that's fantastic! [​IMG]