1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unfruitful letter writing campaign?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 19, 2017.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the subject has been brought up by more than one poster, I thought it good to express my own opinion.

Divorce is sin.

What is the believer (who is innocent) to do in such a situation.

1) Do not chase after a replacement partner.
    2) Remain steadfast in dedication to the Lord.
    3) Seek His direction and His hand of authority upon your life.
    4) Use the tragedy as a point of encouragement to others in warning of being very thoughtful in choosing the right partner, and in viewing God never works in a believer's life without purpose.
    5) Recognize the limit of service and prevention of assembly endorsement to authority.
    6) Pray, without ceasing, that reconciliation take place, and / or removal of the one(s) who offended the union. For that is the only available options to the believer.
    7) Do not boast, ever. But in all matters, be the most humble of servants, serving in whatever capacity the Lord allows.

Now, if anyone has more wisdom on this to add, please do so.

But, these 7 are important. (imo)...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Did Paul write letters to cult leaders and false churches - in other words those who are NOT saved? I believe in all of his letters, he addressed the as "brothers".

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul wrote epistles to the church, but I am not aware of Paul writing to pagan religious organizations or false teachers. Do you have an example?