1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UNION OR CONFEDERACY

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by ASLANSPAL, Feb 24, 2005.

?
  1. CONFEDERACY C.S.A.

93.3%
  2. UNION U.S.A.

6.7%
  1. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I have ancestors who fought on both sides. One was a POW at Salisbury, NC and died there because he refused to pledge allegiance to the Confederacy. He was 66 years old. Another ancestor fought for the South, and died of starvation in a POW camp. They both fought and died for what they believed in. I'm proud of them both!

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. So if the Southern states had surrendered their state sovereignty and 10th Amendment rights under the Constitution, what would they have gotten in return, other than intimidation by an out of control, power hungry federal government?

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have taken a position similar to that of Robert E. Lee, that I can love both my country and my state, but when my country abandons its obligations to the state and tries to strip the state of its rights and intimidate it into doing the federal government's will, my conscience would not allow me to do anything other than fight for my state.