1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Union University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by BibleBob, Jan 12, 2004.

1. BibleBob

BibleBob New Member

Hey,
    I am most likely going to be attending Union Univeristy in Jackson, TN in the fall. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments about the school or if anyone has gone there, they could tell me about their experience there. Thanks.

Bob

2. panicbird

panicbird New Member

I graduated from Union in May 2002. I highly recommend the school. My degree is in Biblical Studies-Biblical Languages. I transferred to Union with most of my core classes already finished, so I did not take many classes outside of the Christian Studies department. The Christian Studies faculty is outstanding. I think that many of the people on staff there will be well known in the coming years; some already are. Most, if not all, of them have published material. But the best thing about them is their accessibility. I could always walk into any of their offices and talk with them.

Lon

3. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am currently enrolled in Union seeking a Master of Arts in Education degree. Two years ago after flunking out of a graduate program in math at Mississippi State University, I took a step of faith and enrolled at Union. In spite of the hardships I have encountered in my personal life the past 2 years, my time at Union so far has been a good one. Even though I no longer live in Jackson, I am taking classes towards my degree on the weekends in Germantown(a Memphis suburb).

My only qualm with the school is that they tend to push everyone into doing mission projects or serving as a missionaries. There is an atmosphere that if you want to be a really "cool" Christian, then you will do missions. I may be wrong, but that is for you to decide.

Click here to find out more about Union