1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Union U's Ranking

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Congrats to Union. I was a student at Southern Seminary when Dr. Dockery was brought on as President and took a pretty good chunk of Southern's faculty with him.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I was there then, too. My first semester was his last as dean of the Theology school.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Our paths must have crossed then. I started in the Fall of 95. I had Hal Poe as a prof/mentor his last semester in the Billy Graham School before leaving and my wife (then fiance') was in Gushee's ethics class during that same time.

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    UU Response

Gentle:

Truly 1995 was a good year. I graduated w/my MDiv from Southern in 1995 after having commuted from Memphis for the "Monday only" program for 2 semesters and one "J" term. I did about another 1/3 in residence at the UU campus in Jackson in the "Monday only" MDiv program. And I did about 1/3 at Harding Grad School of Religion (Churches of Christ Seminary) here in Memphis. I did it all while I was working full time and doing part-time ministry on the side.

People asked me about: "What I bi-vocational?" I tell them no, it was more like "tri-vocational" for me.

I feel like a UU alum although I am not. My daughter and my money went there as I did. So it seem like I have a vested interest in UU, b/c I do.

That is probably way more information than you wanted.:laugh:

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

#5 Rhetorician, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007