1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unitarian Universalist Article of Faith

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Primitive Baptist, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

As I was reading the articles of faith of a Unitarian Universalist "church," one particularly caught my attention. It accurately defines Arminian thinking.

"We believe that personal experience, conscience, and reason should be the final authorities in religion. In the end religious authority lies not in a book, person, or institution, but in ourselves. We put religious insights to the test of our hearts and minds."

I do not post this to criticize Arminians per se, but so often when I debate with Arminians, it ends up to be a discussion on what is fair and just from the viewpoint of man. I can supply Scripture after Scripture to an Arminian, and it does not mean anything.

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

By your post you indicate you know nothing of Arminianism!

The ability to post scripture upon scripture is no indication of understanding the scriptures either.

3. Me2

Me2 New Member

I dont think that there are any unitarian universalists here to discuss this.

I think its a christian cult myself.

Me2

4. GH

GH New Member

I ditto that, Me2 [​IMG]

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know that Unitarians meet the definition of a cult. I would describe them as liberal theologically as they do not believe in the exclusivity of the gospel of Jesus Christ.