1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

United we stand divided we fall

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You know, now that I think about it, this story about those who wanted to stone that woman who sinned... they were sinners themselves.

It kind of reminds me of this same situation here and the point that I originally was trying to make...

So many Christians today who arent even willing to admit they need to keep God's Law are sometimes the very first to want to condemn others who commit abortion or homosexuality or whatever. But as I said, when it comes to THEIR sins its "Oh I am under grace!"

Just like the religious leaders who wanted to condemn that woman in the story.

As I said, I in no way condone abortion or homosexuality, its just that it seems hypocritical to be ready to try to reach out to the "arm of the law" to force others who probably dont have near as much light as they do, to keep the law and to refrain from sinning,

Mt:23:4: For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Abortion.

I have only done this once and swore to myself I'd never venture out to do it again... but I am going to do it again anyway. I want to tell you all a story... about me. And this has absolutely nothing to do with all of the things I have stated before now about abortion. It was the hypocritical thing that was borthing me and not any desire to defend the idea of abortion. But this is like a side note. I just want you to consider something, and I hope you dont mind me telling you this.

When I was nineteen years old, I was married. I had run away from home at age 14 and so I had an early start you might say on my "adult" life. I had two children of my own at age 19.

I had to have some sort of birth control. My doctor recommended an I.U.D. I used it but ended up pregnant regardless. The doctor then told me it was lodged wrongly inside of me and if I didnt get it removed I would probably die. He said I needed to get it removed but that there was a good chance the baby would be naturally aborted at the same time.

The doctor also said that if I chose to leave the I.U.D. there and not remove it, that the odds were that most likely the baby would die anyway and I would too. I needed to have it removed soon.

So here I am. At the time I really didnt know about God. I had a very limted knowledge of religion. But I did pray to God as I had done when I was a child. I needed God's help to decide what to do in my predicament that I was in.

Here I was... if I didnt remove the I.U.D. Id probably die, along with my baby, and my other two children would be left motherless and my husband without his wife. Did I have the right to allow the baby to die? But did I have the right to allow myself to die as well?

This baby is probably going to die, no matter which route I take, but if I have the I.U.D. removed I will live and it was a slight possibility, the doctor said, that the baby might live, but not likely.

Now at this point, let me tell you something. About the last thing I needed was a bunch of Christians condemning me and telling me Im going to go to hell and/or sicking the Government on me, to force me to abide by some hard and fast rule as to what I was supposed to do. I didnt need someone else telling me right from wrong, especially when they werent under the pressure that I was under.

Was I some kind of a terrible hearltess murderer? Hardly. I had the I.U.D. removed the baby was naturally aborted. I told this story only once before in a Christian chat room. Some of the Christians there told me I was going to go to hell and so on and so forth. Let me tell you something... fortunately, I was already well grounded in the truth by that time so it didnt shake me, but had I not been... the last thing they wouldve caused me to want to do is to become a Christian... like them.

Im only telling you this because you know what? Not in most cases, but in SOME cases... this is a matter between you and God... you have your own conscience and are going to need to pray to God to ask HIM what to do.

I realize that in many cases its just someone who is disrespectful of human life... but just so you know... this is not ALWAYS the case. I to this day still wonder sometimes if I did the right thing and I hope so. Doctors have to make those kinds of decisions all the time, like when doing triage. (hope I spelled that right). You have to decide.... well my choices are ... is one person going to die, or are two going to die? and if you're in the business of saving human lives you sometimes have to make hard decisions.

Claudia

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

No condemnation here , just the mere fact you think about it a lot is burden enough why add
    to it from outside voices...now is that burden
    causing you to be sensitized to younger women
    in trying to listen to them and warn them?

God of course can take a heart rending past issue
    and use it to save and warn others. That gives the
    giver purpose and sense of delivering good news.

Not every little issue fits into a Hollywood
    happy ending...or a 700 club miracle story ,sometimes stark reality is your
    company.

You did the best that you could do with the information you had at the time...you invested
    in prayer and put to the scales a decision.

You did the best that you could do and the mystery
    of what it all means ..may mean that you share
    and be sensitized to others.

You suffered real loss and very personally to your core but then you have the comfort ,is it only loss for a period of time?

We all will be reunited with loved ones some day...children in my view before the age of accountability got directly to be with the Lord.

Majority of people here welcome your well written
    account of loss and it causes us to pause as
    well and be sensitized to those times that do not
    quite fit a movie ending...so it means we must
    take it on case by case basis as only the Holy
    Spirit can help us with.

Whats obvious Claudia is your really into the word
    of God...deep sorrow has a way of leading us there
    for truth that lifts the sorrow off our shoulders.

Sincerely
    Aslanspal