1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Universal church

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Nov 2, 2014.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your admission here destroys your whole argument. The fact that the "vast majority" are not saved does not mean NONE are saved and they are part of your universal invisible church and their doctrine is Catholic Doctrine. There are saved in the SDA, pentecostal, Methodist, Lutheran, etc. This destroys your whole argument about unity in essentials. The facts simply do not support your position at all.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You make an accusation without any evidence to support it. If you think I "just gonna make stuff up" then back up that charge with evidence.

I have studied pre-New Testament and New Testament literature extensively and I challenge you to provide one example where ekklessia is ever once used in current New Testament literature to mean anything other than a local visible congregation. I have "A Greek English Lexicon of the New Testament and other early Christian literature" by Buer, Arndt and Gingrich (among other Lexicons dealing with that era) and there is no such evidence. You cannot take post-new testament Christian literature and READ IT back into the New Testament era.

Don't make an accusation if you are not willing to provide evidence to back your argument up. The term ekklesia refers to a local visible deliberative body that can and does assemble and Acts 19:39 does not dispute that at all. Acts 19:39 simply asserts that the visible local assembly was not lawfully called. A "lawful" assembly is one that is called and made up of qualified citizens. This one simply was not legally called but it nevertheless was a visible congregational deliberative body.